Future shows

Started by j, August 25, 2005, 08:56:17

Previous topic - Next topic

j

Would you be interested in this if the Cure were to offer the same service?  http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20050825/music_nm/pearljam_dc

mauro

It would be very interesting if The Cure do that!
I'm sure it would be liked by all curefans.
Cheers

Anonymous

I think this would be great as the sound quality would improve but then the fun of collecting the shows would be gone plus sites like ours will no longer have any purpose (except for the old shows)

ron

That "guest" above is me, I got knocked out for some reason...

j

Quote from: AnonymousI think this would be great as the sound quality would improve but then the fun of collecting the shows would be gone plus sites like ours will no longer have any purpose (except for the old shows)

Maybe, maybe not.  You will always have the traders and collectors that see mp3 as a cancer....even if it is offered from the band themselves.  I think people will still trade shows that they tape for free rather than pay for it in mp3.  But this will alleviate the problem of shows that seem to have not been taped...like Phoenix 2004!

splitmilk34

How awesome would that be!!! Great sound quality of ALL shows.  I'd be surprised if Mr. Smith wasn't already holding onto some pretty decent shows from the past that he could possibly release as well.  Imagine if TOURMINA was recorded.  It would've gone platinum the night it was released!
"... sleeping less every night"

bclark93

Another good example would be to look at last years Pixies reunion tour. ... www.disclive.com sold every recording!

And the good thing, is they (the Pixies) let people freely trade these shows once they sold out. So I don't think it would take any future fun from sharing :)

Only way it would work is to make 10,000 or so copies, thus guarantee a sellout of the concert. Once the sellout is complete, allow people to trade them freely.

a real awesome concept, but I dont see it happening anytime soon.

BC

boneheadhaggar

I think more bands should do this sort of thing without a doubt, The Fall have started selling official bootlegs on their website in Flac, MP3, and even CDR formats, at very cheap prices, people simply pay for them on the sites store and then get a link to download the files, or are sent the disc if ordering CDR, it seems to be proving very succesful, and I for one would love to see The Cure do this  kind of thing too

here's hoping :wink:
its nice to be nice

Tristan Berlin

Here in Germany we have a band called "Die ?rzte". The are really cool guys. They offer a server were fans can download a lot of bootlegs for free. "Die ?rzte" pay this server. They want to avoid that people who record bootlegs make too much money with it. If you want to see what I mean: http://www.kill-them-all.de  :D

askbill

I'm still waiting for the ten Dream tour shows to be made available on CD.
http://web.archive.org/web/20021008105507/thecure.com/december2000.html