2007.03.23 Miami - Bicentennial Park (USA) 'Ultra Music Festival'

Started by monghi, November 13, 2006, 00:39:19

Previous topic - Next topic

lostflower4

That would have been something, but...

I thought The Cure were supposed to be the headline act = play last. :smth017

japanesebaby

Quote from: j on March 24, 2007, 12:42:53
They could have done a 34 minute version of Forever and ended with F Tiesto, F House music!
that would have been something! :P
but years, years, years...

it's a mystery to me, why they even decided/agreed to play such a festival?  :smth017
makes one feel bad, to hear about people booing.  :(
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

I thought the same thing.  Although I was a bit relieved to see they were playin earlier.  I stood in the same spot from 5pm until they ended at 10:05.  I couldn't have lasted much longer!

And the Ultra website said that headlining acts would be playing throughout they day.  I guess Tiesto was a big draw, judging by the crowd reaction

[labyrinth]

i could've not last all that...

i don't like dance,house music at all

i cannot really listen to it for more than 2 minutes.....

j

Me neither.  Luckily Miss Kitten only played about 15 minutes.  She couldn't play any longer because the wind was blowing her records on the turntables.  Junkie XL was tolerable only because he was dancing all around the stage while his Mac laptop played the music.....

And he sampled Siouxsie and New Order (I thought I heard the bass line of the Walk as well, but then again that is supposed ripped off from New Oreder, or so I've heard).

I'm out of here- I have a 3 hour drive to the Orlando airport for my flight home this afternoon.  More tales of yore later....stay tuned boys and girls!  You've been a great audience, don't forget to tip your waitresses.

monghi

in my opinion, perfect playlist! don´t remember it was a dance festival, so the playlist wasn´t generated for cure fans, but for "dance" nation... the most importat thing is that the band had a great time, they´re still like playing and still enjoying it... waiting for a bootleg! :)
i never said i would stay to the end

rodney

Yeah, I couldn't have stomached a festival like that.  I like people to actually play instruments on a stage.  The setlist was pretty interesting though, in many ways, predictable for ANY US festival.  A few surprises though.  I'd have loved to have seen all of the dance folks when Out Of This World started.....

strange_day

Out Of This World, Wrong Number, THE BIG HAND, WANT!!!! two of my favourites, never thought they'd play them.......
Setlist was ok, bit predictable on the singles part
I agree that Doing The Unstuck would have been great, im surprised they've not played it so far with this lineup......
Shame about the booing, maybe some people cant handle a bit of proper live music... :roll: ;)

[labyrinth]

and so...

no news about the new album....

hmm....

[labyrinth]

[labyrinth]

maybe the only disappointing thing (to me, obviously) is the "absence" of new things and/or of news about the new stuff

Tof

Some pictures are available ...

http://editorial.gettyimages.com/Search/Search.aspx

In "search" write "Uri Schanker"

Thanks to bstx
Tof

[labyrinth]

fantastic....

Simon seems so ...... punk   :shock:

Tof

Tof