2007.08.12 Melbourne - Rod Laver Arena (Australia)

Started by dsanchez, June 13, 2007, 18:54:28

Previous topic - Next topic

kissingcrimson

ps: Juan, Saraelise, Cherry...how are you going? excited?? Aren't we all..i think Billee is doing a good job with the official time keeping...or should I say..countdown duties!! yay! Is it 18 days to go now...?
'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

~*CherryRed*~

LOL yep 18 more sleeps!! :rocker.... and I'm getting all school-girlish in that I jump around more than I used to (and I'm very unfit these days!!) - see what madness can do to you!! I need a CURE! - ah, that sounds really naff, sorry people :roll:!
Someone has mentioned Curefans T-Shirts to me, anyone else aware of these and are they going to get one and wear it??? I prob. won't, as I've kinda figured out what I will wear... (you may or may not recall I was troubled over the question "to wear a Cure shirt or not to wear a Cure shirt" to the gig...) Anyway, no one has really mentioned the meet up lately either... has anyone planned anything? Are we going to try and storm the gates and get backstage??? I've forgotten who was doing the reckie to see what the layout was before hand... any news on that front???
"prone to flights of whimsy"

billee

The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

billee

juanzor

I ve got a concert countdown on my screen, currently:

14 days 20 hours 21 minutes and 11 secons@ 11 08 PM 28 July...

:)
just lke the cold if you were dead...............then you smile for a second.

billee

good one juanzor. I'm just getting excited counting the sleeps. :D

billee

kissingcrimson

OK, News just in CURE TRIBUTE PARTY THIS WEEKEND!!!!
Saturday the 4th of August at DV8 12-14 McKillop St, CBD

HERE"S THE FLYER
Cure Tribute Night @ DV8 this Saturday 4 August
Yep, DV8 is back again for a second week since it
was resurrected from it's very short death.
Only a couple of weeks until The Cure play live in
Melbourne so we are dedicating this night to spinning
lots of tunes created by floppy haired, lipstick smudged
musicians, plus showing Cure clips in the video room PLUS
your usual dose of drunken DV8 debauchery.

Featuring the awesomeness that is DJs Tomiscuous,
Lobotomy(?) and Mixmaster Malice.
$10 on the door Club opens at 10pm, Level 2 opens at 12am.

OK, I'll BE THERE< ALL YOU GUYS PLEASE COME! WE CAN CURE IT UP...warming up for the concert

~*CherryRed*~

Alas, I can not afford another trip over to Melb. for this tribute night :cry:... make sure you do some silly dancing however - on my behalf! :smth023

~*CherryRed*~

Have just discovered that the Sydney people are lucky enough to get a "myspace secret show"! :shock: Apparently they post a bulletin a day before or something to advise of where and when, and first in best dressed policy applies. Shame they chose to do it in Sydney. I guess they just decided that the demand in Sydney for their time was greater! I suppose having 2 shows and then a 'secret show' is to cover their bases, so everyone gets a chance to see 'em. My complaint however is that I have paid alot of mney to see them, and some people are going to be lucky enough to see them for free! :smth011 Seems a tad unfair in some respects. I wish they would do a 'secret show' for each city! Lucky bastards that get to go. I bet it will be more intimate too! Ah, wish I could go to it.

kissingcrimson

:cry: it makes me sad to think i'll be missing out..... i agree with you Cherry

kissingcrimson

PS: Cherryred I'll be dancing extra crazy for you! I'm getting soooo excited for the concert..this little event will just make me even more.... I shall be pulling out the crimpers..red lippy and eyeliner tonight!

LetterToSaraElise

The paid shows we're going to will be longer and much better, for sure. 

Anyway, I'm here to report back on my scoping out of Rod Laver Arena.  I was there on Thursday and Friday night for Gwen Stefani.  On Thursday night, we waited for an hour after the show, on the bridge/walkway next to the cafe (to the right of the main doors when facing them from the outside).

There's the rail of the walkway, then a good 5+ metres of plants, then another big wire fence.  There was no way to get down there.  When she finally came out after an hour, she just waved and got in the car.  She couldn't have come up & signed things anyway, because of the stupid gardenbed & fences.  I can only assume that you'd need to be working on the show to get into the carpark down there.

I got Gwen's attention on Friday night by making a sign, and she took a photo with me during the show, but I didn't actually officially meet her.

So yeah, that's my news.  I'm sorry that it's not what you wanted to hear, but I think it's pretty damn difficult to meet after the shows. 

HOWEVER...
Friends of mine were hanging around the arena early in the afternoon (3pm-ish) and got to have a quick conversation with her.  The BEST way to meet them, apparently, is at the airport.  So, if you've got the time and dedication, then that would be my advice.  You'd have to be prepared to wait around all day though...
'It's a perfect day for letting go...'

billee

Thanks for your efforts SaraElise. Maybe just hanging around after the show hoping for a wave or a sign or something.............it could still be good :D

billee

So should we expect them to arrive at Tullamarine on Saturday or Sunday????????   Any guesses anyone   My God I do believe I'm going mad :smth100