2008.05.17 Rosemont - Allstate Arena (USA)

Started by dsanchez, June 22, 2007, 06:13:34

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

[j will report live]

Soundcheck
Was supposed to begin at 4:00.  As of 4:35, still no soundcheck.

Setlist

Plainsong, Prayers For Rain, alt.end, A Night Like This, The Walk, End Of The World, Lovesong, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, The Perfect Boy, FTEOTDGS, Hot Hot Hot, Sleep When I'm Dead, Push, Friday I'm In Love, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Primary, Never Enough, The Only One, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Disintegration               

Encore 1

If Only Tonight We Could Sleep, The Kiss

Encore 2

The Lovecats, Freakshow, Close To Me, Why Can't I Be You?   

Encore 3

Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab   

Notes:

(j)
According to a crew member, Cure are scheduled on at 8pm with an 11pm curfew (he "finks"- in his British accent)
7:02  65dos take the stage.
7:45  65dos have finished.
8:23  Chimes
9:00  Simon has been wearing his old school leather jacket the entire show.
9:54  Lots of yellers and screamers in the crowd.
10:14 End of mainset.
10:19 Robert apologized for how awful he sounds.
10:36 A girl collapsed in section 2! They just brought a paramedic in.
10:50 Charlotte Sometimes is on the encore list!  (Will it get played?)
10:51 Security says two more songs.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

j

lostflower4

rodney

loladare

Hi there- would someone be kind enough to notify me about a Pres-Sale for this show?  I intend on good seats for this one- thanks so much! :rocker
My parents burned my CURE collection in 1989!

lostflower4

At this point, neither www.ticketmaster.com nor www.allstatearena.com lists anything about this show...

Yet, tickets for some other shows are just about to go on sale. :?

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on June 28, 2007, 03:08:58
At this point, neither www.ticketmaster.com nor www.allstatearena.com lists anything about this show...

Yet, tickets for some other shows are just about to go on sale. :?

Some (Montreal and Philadelphia) went on sale without notice.  WTF is up with that?  :?  thecure.com should've offered ticket sales through the site.  More and more bands are doing this these days.  Recently, I bought Muse tickets through the official page.  Just signed up for site membership and bought my ticket the day before the TM and radio presales.  Going that route (by passing Ticketbastard) saved me a few $ on surcharges.   

rodney

section 4, row 7.  okay seats, I guess.

lostflower4

I swear this is a scandal. I don't think sections 1-3 ever went on sale to the public.

However, I'm sure the prime seats will be turning up on eBay for severely inflated prices. :twisted:

temptation-cure

I'm just curious if of all the shows that the cure will play en the states
how many recordings will be ? 2 of 10? i know that there in the states
is more difficult to record shows. altought in europe is easier no?
there are to many security en so. at the venues  :?
good luck to the tapers
Oh that boy is a slag the best u ever had , the best u ever had is just a memory and those dreams but weren't daft as they seem , not as daft as they seem..oh my love when u dreamed them up..oh flo where did u go .. oww ohh(F.A)
-----------------------------------

http://temptation-cure.galeon.com

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on July 14, 2007, 20:50:04
I swear this is a scandal. I don't think sections 1-3 ever went on sale to the public.

However, I'm sure the prime seats will be turning up on eBay for severely inflated prices. :twisted:

Try craigslist in a day or two.  Scalpers will list them there, too.  Just keep an eye on things as the show approaches.  Prices will surely drop.  Still, that's a lot of tickets and it seems no one was able to get anything close.  I think the mafia is to blame  :smth071 

crowbi_wan

Quote from: temptation-cure on July 14, 2007, 21:03:49
I'm just curious if of all the shows that the cure will play en the states
how many recordings will be ? 2 of 10? i know that there in the states
is more difficult to record shows. altought in europe is easier no?
there are to many security en so. at the venues  :?
good luck to the tapers

I'm sure there will be some recording going on.

lostflower4

Getting the gear into the venues is the hardest part.

Videotaping is another story...

lostflower4

Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 14, 2007, 21:04:20Still, that's a lot of tickets and it seems no one was able to get anything close.  I think the mafia is to blame  :smth071 

That's what I was thinking. :lol:

Seriously, can any fan confirm that they were able to get close seats to this show directly from Ticketbastard?

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on July 14, 2007, 21:22:44
Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 14, 2007, 21:04:20Still, that's a lot of tickets and it seems no one was able to get anything close.  I think the mafia is to blame  :smth071 

That's what I was thinking. :lol:

Seriously, can any fan confirm that they were able to get close seats to this show directly from Ticketbastard?

I saw a post on another forum (might have been the official site) that said one dude got a pair on section 3.  That's the only one I've heard.  And who really knows if that's true?  I was thinking that they might have offered seats to season ticket holders to the various teams that call Allstate home, but that's an awful lot of seats.  Something I was thinking about was maybe they're doing a half arena setup.  If you pull up the seating chart for the Barenaked Ladies you'll see what I mean.  TM shows the End Stage seating, but it could be wrong.  Has anyone heard of any seats along the side (103, 203, 110, 210).  If this was the case it would certainly help clear things up a bit.  You'd think some people still would've got seats in 1-3, and in pairs!