2007.08.14 Auckland - Vector Arena (New Zealand)

Started by psychophysio, July 05, 2007, 07:39:48

Previous topic - Next topic

slit-the-cats-like-cheese

Quote from: bomber2007 on August 21, 2007, 05:48:38
Quote from: rybian on August 21, 2007, 05:02:52
Quote from: bomber2007 on August 21, 2007, 04:35:40
Quote from: Bloodflower on August 20, 2007, 05:56:54
The fact that this show is at 320kbps means that the lossiness won't bother me.

It's actually 256kbps isn't it ? Not 320 ?

The master is at 320K.If you can all bear with for a while longer I will also upload the master as well in Flac

Thank-You !
I'm sure everyone will really appreciate that even more !

sorry but you complet crazy! you can't to read that he said master is in mp3?

bomber2007

Quote from: slit-the-cats-like-cheese on August 24, 2007, 18:56:10

The master is at 320K.If you can all bear with for a while longer I will also upload the master as well in Flac

Thank-You !

If he uploads the master in FLAC it will mean the show is available in best possible quality.
I don't see how I'm crazy to say people will appreciate it if he uploads the show in the best possible quality ? ? ?

bomber2007

I skipped through the tracks before on CD1 which I burned of Auckland to make sure all the tracks were in the correct order.
I noticed that after Just Like Heaven when it is just Robert strumming the acoustic the recording cuts while you can still hear the acoustic (it's hardly noticeable).
I had already deleted the MP3's I downloaded so I can't check if it's in the original, could somebody please tell me ?, I'm not sure if my CD has a skip/cut in it that isn't supposed to be there ? Thanks !

lostflower4

The ONLY logic I can see behind uploading this in FLAC is so the tracks can be split without any loss of quality. Because from what I understand, the original version he uploaded is re-encoded mp3 (which is evil)

But I *still* think that the master file in 320 kbps would be the ideal thing to upload, even if it's just one big file.

bomber2007

Quote from: lostflower4 on August 25, 2007, 16:37:45
The ONLY logic I can see behind uploading this in FLAC is so the tracks can be split without an loss. Because from what I understand, the original version he uploaded is double-encoded mp3 (which is a really bad thing).

But I still think that the master file in 320 kpbs would be ideal here, even if it's just one big file.

What do you mean "so the tracks can be slit without any loss" ?
The download is already split into tracks.
And when you download a show in MP3 without tracks if you insert tracks which saves it as a WAVE file this does not lose any quality does it ?

lostflower4

Quote from: bomber2007 on August 25, 2007, 16:42:26What do you mean "so the tracks can be slit without any loss" ?

To put it simply:

This show was originally recorded/encoded in mp3 (bad).

When the tracks were split, they were encoded to mp3 again (double bad).

If the taper could just upload the original file, we could all split it for ourselves (or not split it at all).

Uploading FLAC is just a big waste of bandwidth and will probably lead some people to believe it is lossless. :smth011

Quote from: bomber2007 on August 25, 2007, 16:28:51

Thank-You !

If he uploads the master in FLAC it will mean the show is available in best possible quality.
I don't see how I'm crazy to say people will appreciate it if he uploads the show in the best possible quality ? ? ?

no but you're crazy to suggesting this:
converting some mp3 to lossless and spread it around - this is WORST thing to do! so do it for youself at home if you like to put some trackmark on the file but don't be all crazy and spread this kind of stuff on internet!
because ALL trader would be cheated with this untrue bad mp3-source version and it will only cause a lot of anger. nobody would appreciate this, it would only be cheating and betrayal of all traders and collectors and all who appreciate good source in music. it is already enough problem with people spreading this kind of stuffs so we don't really want any more of its.
nobody would appreciate this kind of "best possible quality". it is already compressed so it must stay compressed. (beside, i only now read it already double-compressed anyway!)

so sorry but obviously you don't know much about formats and trading because you even suggest such thing. please use your mind.
or maybe you are one of those people who like this kind of cheating and who don't know better and spread these bad mp3-source version around?? sorry hey i don't know, but anyway please no-one not to do this. it's nothing but very bad thing.
thanks.

ok i not see other posts when i write my own post so i add:

Quote from: lostflower4 on August 25, 2007, 16:45:55
Quote from: bomber2007 on August 25, 2007, 16:42:26What do you mean "so the tracks can be slit without any loss" ?

To put it simply:

If the taper could just upload the original file, we could all split it for ourselves (or not split it at all).

Uploading FLAC is just a big waste of bandwidth and will probably lead some people to believe it is lossless. :smth011

bomber read what this guy say and maybe you can learn something.
the only "best possible quality" in this case mean: the original mp3 file (in 320 kbps) - but even this if bad file for collectors.

thanks for attention.

bomber2007

Quote from: lostflower4 on August 25, 2007, 16:45:55

To put it simply:

Uploading FLAC is just a big waste bandwidth and will probably lead some people to believe it is lossless. :smth011

Yeah I totally understand all that (it's basic knowledge).
I misread your comment and took it as though you were saying if you split and MP3 under any circumstance it will cause quality loss (not true if you save the MP3 file you split as FLAC / WAVE or some other lossless format instead of compressing to MP3 again).
- But I totally understand how this isn't an accepted method when "trading".

bomber2007

Quote from: slit-the-cats-like-cheese on August 25, 2007, 16:50:49
Quote from: bomber2007 on August 25, 2007, 16:28:51

Thank-You !

no but you're crazy to suggesting this:
converting some mp3 to lossless and spread it around - this is WORST thing to do! so do it for youself at home if you like to put some trackmark on the file but don't be all crazy and spread this kind of stuff on internet!
because ALL trader would be cheated with this untrue bad mp3-source version and it will only cause a lot of anger. nobody would appreciate this, it would only be cheating and betrayal of all traders and collectors and all who appreciate good source in music. it is already enough problem with people spreading this kind of stuffs so we don't really want any more of its.
nobody would appreciate this kind of "best possible quality". it is already compressed so it must stay compressed. (beside, i only now read it already double-compressed anyway!)

so sorry but obviously you don't know much about formats and trading because you even suggest such thing. please use your mind.
or maybe you are one of those people who like this kind of cheating and who don't know better and spread these bad mp3-source version around?? sorry hey i don't know, but anyway please no-one not to do this. it's nothing but very bad thing.
thanks.

Yeah I totally understand what you are saying, again it's basic trading knowledge, but I was talking from the point of being a person who would download this and not trade it.
I have no intention to trade it, anyone who wants it can get it through download just like everyone else. Trading it didn't cross my mind, I was talking from the point of people downloading it and keeping it in their private collection.

Quote from: bomber2007 on August 25, 2007, 16:59:15
Yeah I totally understand what you are saying, again it's basic trading knowledge, but I was talking from the point of being a person who would download this and not trade it.
I have no intention to trade it, anyone who wants it can get it through download just like everyone else. Trading it didn't cross my mind, I was talking from the point of people downloading it and keeping it in their private collection.

yes but this is complet dangerous mind, think like "ok i upload this lossy version now but only for people who don't trade". because everything that is uploading to internet, it will some time end up to trading circles - because maybe you not trade it but it only need that one person who download this will trade it like this! and then some people upload it to some torrent and he forget to include info about mp3 source (because many people so often throwing away notes about shows, unfortunately!) = and then we have all damage and problem and angry traders to receive this bad show!

so it is a fool who upload something and think "this is not for trading". because you can control yourself for not to trade this show, but you can not to control who download it from web and what this person do with it!
so please don't go to promote such lossy bad source.

beside, you original wrote "everyone here appreciate it even more!".
so to me this look like you not aware of this bad thing at all. it is lot of traders in these board too.
thanks.

bomber2007

Quote from: slit-the-cats-like-cheese on August 25, 2007, 17:19:28
so to me this look like you not aware of this bad thing at all. it is lot of traders in these board too.
thanks.

Like I said already 2 times before, my post was written from the perspective of thinking this was a download that people won't trade, because why trade it when anyone who wants it can just download it for their personal use.
So when I wrote that "everyone" will appreciate the master in FLAC I was writing from the point of thinking everyone who downloads the show will keep it to their own collection and have the master in a lossless format (like I said why trade it when anyone who wants it can download it) - My mind just really isn't in trading mode at the moment (I have more important things to be doing) and basically all the shows I'm interested in (2007) are all appearing on the internet (so there's no need for me to be thinking about "trading").
But I understand your posts, it's my mistake for not thinking that most people here are talking from a "trading" perspective.

lostflower4

Quote from: bomber2007 on August 25, 2007, 17:31:41So when I wrote that "everyone" will appreciate the master in FLAC

The only way to truly get the master in FLAC would be to travel back in time and not record it in mp3. 8)

Quote from: bomber2007 on August 25, 2007, 17:31:41
Quote from: slit-the-cats-like-cheese on August 25, 2007, 17:19:28
thanks.

Like I said already 2 times before, my post was written from the perspective of thinking this was a download that people won't trade, because why trade it when anyone who wants it can just download it for their personal use.
So when I wrote that "everyone" will appreciate the master in FLAC I was writing from the point of thinking everyone who downloads the show will keep it to their own collection and have the master in a lossless format (like I said why trade it when anyone who wants it can download it) - My mind just really isn't in trading mode at the moment (I have more important things to be doing) and basically all the shows I'm interested in (2007) are all appearing on the internet (so there's no need for me to be thinking about "trading").
But I understand your posts, it's my mistake for not thinking that most people here are talking from a "trading" perspective.

yes i can tell you  that my mind is not in this "trading mode" either, i have lots of other things to do too. beside, very few people have interetsing stuff to trades so only rarely i get interested anymore, rarely to find something new. 
but not to miss my point: even if you or i don't trade, we should to keep in our mind that many people on the boards are traders and lot of people do trade all time.
and so we should not to go and do things that will harm their work. otherwise we are selfish. it's not considerate to say: "i not have to care because i not trade". this thinking is bad for community because many in this community are traders.
thanks.