2007.10.21 Mexico DF - Palacio de los deportes (Mexico)

Started by dsanchez, August 09, 2007, 23:34:27

Previous topic - Next topic

six_different_ways

Thank you very much, J!
It sounds like a piano on this song. Did any of them play keys, or is on a backing track?

j

No keyboards.  What you hear is Porl on guitars.  The only keys I heard was last night during LGTB

Pooka

Taping is like getting laid. Sometimes there are good nights, and sometimes bad, especially when your "equipment" doesn't work the way you want it to... (or if you "came" to the gig too late haha).

But kudos for all your efforts trying to get laid (with the Cure of course) tonight. The difference with my F-up was because of a switch setting (mic in vs line in). If I ran line in, even at the volume knob cranked in, no clipping would have occured at all. Plus the difference between CSB and CSHEB in their SPL capacity. That's the difference, but the end result of a F-up is like going limp all the same.

Which is again why multiple tapers at a show is ALWAYS a good thing.

I'm sure the new song(s) would have sounded more splendid with Roger.
Keyboards I never knew, perhaps?

Thanks again for blessing us with a lossless sample right after the show. More good stuff on DIME to come...  

j

Thanks for the laugh and the fantastic analogy!

Found this under influences on The Cure's myspace:

TO WATCH HIM AS HE WAKES LOOK INTO HIS EYES I'D GIVE ALL I EVER HAD...

Sounds stunningly close to A Boy I Never Knew.  Man, what a sad song.  I have listened to it about 50 times now.  Did Mary have a miscarriage or something a long time ago?

blugel

...kind of an aside, but have some people previously heard 'a boy i never heard' and the two(?) other unreleased tracks from the 2004 album?  some of the comments in this thread seem to suggest that, but i was under the impression that they were indeed never released?  just a-wondering...

j

Quote from: blugel on October 22, 2007, 08:16:39
...kind of an aside, but have some people previously heard 'a boy i never heard' and the two(?) other unreleased tracks from the 2004 album?  some of the comments in this thread seem to suggest that, but i was under the impression that they were indeed never released?  just a-wondering...

As far as I know, it was never leaked to the general public before tonight.  Amazing how many people around me sat down during this song.  You can hear the conversations going on all around me in this recording...I was mesmerized.

Darth_Blood

a comment about BDC... simon tries to convince Robert to play it but Robert says  NO... in a king of team back in front of jason ... but simon and porl get back to their places and instruments so robert get bsck an says spmething like... ok this will be the very laaaaast song... so i guess BDC wasn't on the setlist originally...
:rocker

monghi

Quote from: airneck on October 22, 2007, 09:30:01
Is it me or does it sound a little bit like 'the last day of summer'?

for me... it´s sounds like "numb" from WMS ... but still is absolutely perfect song... heard it 30 times to this moment...
i never said i would stay to the end

boneheadhaggar

what a great setlist, really would have loved to be at this show, hopefully more suprises tonight for whoever is going, cant wait for any recordings to surface :rocker
its nice to be nice

monghi

A Boy I Never Knew

To have his arms around me, to sense his perfect trust
I’d give all I ever had…all I ever had…

I’d love to see him dream, I’d love to watch him sleep
To have his arms around me, ?
Held his arms in mine, sense his perfect trust
I’d give all I ever had for a moment of his love

He’s my heart and my soul
He’s my blood and my bones
He’s my prayers and my hope
My wishes and dreams
Seems so long ago, so long ago…

I’d love to watch him dream, love to see him sleep
To have his arms around me, feel him as he breathes
Hold his hands in mine, sense his perfect trust
I’d give all I ever had for a moment of his love

He’s my prayers and my hopes
My wishes and dreams
Seems so long ago…

He’s my prayers and my hopes
My wishes and dreams

A boy I never knew
And the man I’ll never know
I’ll never know, I'll never know…

To have his arms around me, sense his perfect trust
I’d give all I ever had…

(thanks to lovecat from curetrade.de)
i never said i would stay to the end

curedtc

That is AWESOME!
Amazing, i wish i was there. Quality!!!
Im always wanting more...

[labyrinth]

i'm absolutely shocked, just reading the tracklist !
what a night!

the song is beautiful !

sues777

Thanks J and thanks Curefans!

It's beautiful...simply beautiful....

Bring on the new album!
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show