2008.05.28 San Jose, HP Pavilion (USA/CA)

Started by crowbi_wan, February 18, 2008, 01:22:46

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

According to the tour program, a show in San Jose has been added.  Nice! 

Date: 2008-05-28
Venue: HP Pavilion  http://www.hppsj.com/index2.html

Nothing is listed on the above link or Ticketmaster.   :?

**edit (by jb):

from www.thecure.com:

San Jose, CA Show Announcement

2/24/2008 7:53:16 PM - by geffen

The Cure with 65daysofstatic
May 28th at 7:30pm at HP Pavilion in San Jose, CA.
Tickets are onsale Sunday, March 2nd at 10am via www.livenation.com

From COF

Setlist: Plainsong, Prayers For Rain, Fascination Street, The Perfect Boy, The Blood, The End of the World, Lovesong, To Wish Impossible Things, Pictures Of You, Lullaby, Catch, Hot Hot Hot, The Only One, A Strange Day, Sleep When I'm Dead, Push, Doing The Unstuck, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, A Letter To Elise, From The Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Shake Dog Shake, Wrong Number, One Hundred Years, Disintegration

1st encore: At Night, M, Play For Today, A Forest
2nd encore: Freakshow, Close To Me, Why Can't I Be You?
3rd encore: Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab

Plainsong

I hope a definite announcement about this added show is made soon. I've already bought my plane tickets for the CA shows, but to add one more show I'll happily try to change them! 4 shows in less than a week--just like heaven!

crowbi_wan

I'll probably add this show as well.  I already have that day off from work, so why not?  :-D 

Plainsong

My only real concern about adding it is getting from San Jose to Santa Barbara with time to both sleep and get there early for the second show, since we have general admission tickets. I wonder what the GA capacity for the Santa Barbara Bowl is and how early we need to show up if we want to be nice and close!

crowbi_wan

I'm not too worried about getting there eary since I have a seat.  I was going to go for the pit, but opted to stick with my sweet spot behind the mixing desk.  You'll understand why at a later time not too long after the show  8) 

It should be between 4 and 5 hours to drive to Santa Barbara, right?

Plainsong

I think it's about 4.5 hours, depending on traffic, yep. If only I could go without sleep for just one day!
I couldn't resist pit tickets for this one show since Cure fans are so nice to be in a pit with in my experience at Curiosa--but your location makes me quite happy too. ;) I have high hopes for the Santa Barbara show--the small size of the venue should make for a really intimate night and I hope the band really takes advantage of it.

japanesebaby

from www.thecure.com:

San Jose, CA Show Announcement

2/24/2008 7:53:16 PM - by geffen

The Cure with 65daysofstatic
May 28th at 7:30pm at HP Pavilion in San Jose, CA.
Tickets are onsale Sunday, March 2nd at 10am via www.livenation.com

(a thread for this gig was missing for some reason....)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

japanesebaby

edit: wasn't missing, just strayed on a wrong board. topics merged now.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

ernest newman

supposedly they are trying to use the entire arena according to the map, we will see how that turns out

Plainsong

Anyone been to a concert there before? What are the acoustics like?

Pooka

I'm willing to bet they won't even sell 2/3 of the SJ Arena or ahem HP Pavillion.

Yes...going to be interesting indeed.

sullen

Quote from: Plainsong on February 18, 2008, 01:30:55
My only real concern about adding it is getting from San Jose to Santa Barbara with time to both sleep and get there early for the second show, since we have general admission tickets. I wonder what the GA capacity for the Santa Barbara Bowl is and how early we need to show up if we want to be nice and close!

Same here.

Same here!!!!

Was planning on getting in the GA line at SB around noon.
Don't know what the hell im going to do now.

Plainsong

I'm starting to rationalize it a bit by thinking that 2 shows, 2 nights in a row, might beat being on the railing for one show. Quantity over quality, style of thing...;)

sullen

Yeah, I see where you're coming from, but SB is the only on the railing oppertunity this time.

ughhh

I'm trying to figure out what to do.
Thinking an early AM flight from SJ to SB.

crowbi_wan

Presale begins in less than an hour.  Good luck for those attempting to get tickets.  Let's hope the presales offer up some primo spots this time around.