2008.10.11 Roma - Piazza S. Giovanni 'Coca Cola MTV Live' (Italy)

Started by erpomata, September 29, 2008, 10:45:29

Previous topic - Next topic

kissingcrimson

thanks Japanesebaby

Yay! Yay! so how many hours are there to go until it starts? I'm trying to figure out so I can be online while it's happening for all the updates :)
getting mixed up with the time difference here in Australia.

'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

soulmate

To everyone being lucky enough to be in Rome tonight: have a great show  :smth020 and enjoy it for us poor people who have to stay home!!!
And don't forget to tell us all about it of course ;)

dsanchez

Quote from: drowning on October 11, 2008, 09:24:33
i was lucky until yesterday. my wife had a car accident. no one was injuried, but the car is not working anymore.

those are bad news drowning. however, keep in mind that the boys will likely tour next year again, and i am pretty sure you will make it there. keep the faith...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

just spoke to [labyrinth] on the phone, seems he's not that far from the stage. not sure if he will be able to send some sms, thought. let's wait.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Darth_Blood

dsanchez

No webcast, but we will update with news and pics as soon as they come :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Darth_Blood

this is from COF blog

Pietro (5:30pm): Still waiting for the doors to open...Luckily the sun is now behind the buildings; man was it HOT an hour ago!!
Pietro (6:07pm): We're in, but there's only been the first support band, some Italian rapper who was booed off of the stage.
Pietro (7:37pm): The MTV Italy live broadcast has begun.
Pietro(8:02pm): VJ just said that The Cure are scheduled for 11pm.Three more hours...Aargh!!!
Olivier(8:14pm): For now we're enjoying horrible crap music (I didn't say Italian) but it will be worth the wait!

Olivier(9:16pm): RS is being interviewed right now. Said this is the only time they would be playing the whole album live. The second hour will be a very long "greatest hits" encore. "I never ever had writers block!" The new album was recorded as a double, of which 4:13 Dream will be the first part. The second part will be a "dark" album.

Pietro (9:22pm): Robert said the encore would be rather short due to curfew, they had hoped to play longer.

Darth_Blood

Darth_Blood

Pietro (10:43): The last support act has finished on the 2nd stage. Main stage is now ready for The Cure.

figurehead

~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~

'Is It Always Like This?'

Darth_Blood

from COF

Pietro (11:08): UTS is...Wow!! Only One is as usual, Porl's guitar is unusually low.
Pietro (11:21): Sirensong is on an acoustic, reminds me of Jupiter Crash. Porl is playing a strange instrument, seems like a keyboard, but is not.

Druide

Setlist: Underneath The Stars, The Only One, The Reasons Why, Freakshow, Sirensong, The Real Snow White, The Hungry Ghost, Switch, The Perfect Boy, This. Here and Now. With You, Sleep When I'm Dead, The Scream, It's Over.
Robert: "Thank you, that was 4:13 Dream! See you in a second."

Encore: Lullaby, Fascination St., Wrong Number, The End of the World, The Walk, Lovesong, Friday I'm In Love, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Boys Don't Cry.

Robert: "See you again soon"

Show was 1 hour 42 minutes.

8)
...Dancing in my pocket...

disintegration

Very great experience, thank you Robert!!!
It was very hard to waith for them and listening to all those f*cked band!  :twisted:
I appreciated rather new songs, Robert is fantastic, a beautiful gift for italian fans!!!  :D :rocker
Lady and me are going to upload our pics! ;)
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!