2008.12.11 Burbank 'The Tonight Show With Jay Leno'

Started by lostflower4, December 11, 2008, 23:42:48

Previous topic - Next topic

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lostflower4

December 11, 2008, 23:42:48 Last Edit: December 13, 2008, 11:20:44 by dsanchez
I'm surprised that nobody's really talking about this one...

This is probably taking place about right now, as the show is actually taped during the afternoon.

I really hope they don't play The Only one!  :twisted:


P.S.  Is anyone recording this?  I can make an analog capture, but I don't have a way of recording digital TV at the moment.  :?

crowbi_wan


lostflower4

Yes!!!  :-D

Seriously, Leno is going to be the most watched of the late night shows they're doing -- by far. There's no sense in publicly embarrassing themselves like that.

I can't imagine what I'd think if The Only one was first Cure song I ever heard. What a terrible first impression.  :oops:

patitodark



Quote from: lostflower4 on December 12, 2008, 03:20:51
Yes!!!  :-D

Seriously, Leno is going to be the most watched of the late night shows they're doing -- by far. There's no sense in publicly embarrassing themselves like that.

I can't imagine what I'd think if The Only one was first Cure song I ever heard. What a terrible first impression.  :oops:


Hope they play The Hungry Ghost

michael


lostflower4

Is it just me or are Cure fans always louder than other fans when they play on Leno?

They literally sound hysterical, especially when Robert did the interview in '97, for example.

Not a complaint -- just an observation.

patitodark

Quote from: michael on December 12, 2008, 04:44:59
No   :(

I know it, what they play. see cof


I saw it thanks to a friend that streamed it for me.
The perfect boy...  :?

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on December 12, 2008, 06:49:25
Is it just me or are Cure fans always louder than other fans when they play on Leno?

They literally sound hysterical, especially when Robert did the interview in '97, for example.

Not a complaint -- just an observation.


I think it's just Cure fans in California.  They are LOUD!!!! 

dsanchez

Quote from: lostflower4 on December 12, 2008, 06:49:25
They literally sound hysterical


That's awesome. That's the type of fans I always like.
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

Lady

Quote from: lostflower4 on December 12, 2008, 06:49:25
They literally sound hysterical,

More than the italian fans?? Mmmm....I have some doubts! :roll: :lol:
I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥
Lost forever in a happy crowd!
I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...
CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D

dsanchez

Quote from: Lady on December 12, 2008, 14:54:52
Quote from: lostflower4 on December 12, 2008, 06:49:25
They literally sound hysterical,

More than the italian fans?? Mmmm....I have some doubts! :roll: :lol:


Coming from southamerica I proudly can say we're the most passionate fans in the world 8)

By the way, a video of this show

The Perfect Boy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-2xMvz5Qgxk
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

Lady

Quote from: dsanchez on December 13, 2008, 11:47:57
Quote from: Lady on December 12, 2008, 14:54:52
Quote from: lostflower4 on December 12, 2008, 06:49:25
They literally sound hysterical,

More than the italian fans?? Mmmm....I have some doubts! :roll: :lol:


Coming from southamerica I proudly can say we're the most passionate fans in the world 8)


"Passionate" is different from "hysterical" I think  :)...by the way I know the fans from southamerica are "hot", too. But this is a prerogative of the latin people, don't you think?? ;)
I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥
Lost forever in a happy crowd!
I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...
CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D

dsanchez

Quote from: Lady on December 13, 2008, 12:04:17
by the way I know the fans from southamerica are "hot", too. But this is a prerogative of the latin people, don't you think?? ;)


I don't know what exactly you mean by "prerogative" but if you mean if I take it bad to say that we're "hot", not, I don't take it bad ;)
2019.06.08 Dublin
2019.07.04 Novi Sad
2019.07.17 Athens

Lady

Quote from: dsanchez on December 13, 2008, 12:08:56
Quote from: Lady on December 13, 2008, 12:04:17
by the way I know the fans from southamerica are "hot", too. But this is a prerogative of the latin people, don't you think?? ;)


I don't know what exactly you mean by "prerogative" but if you mean if I take it bad to say that we're "hot", not, I don't take it bad ;)

"prerogative" as an exclusive quality...latin fans are generally very hot during the shows, it's not a bad quality at all!!! :-D
I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥
Lost forever in a happy crowd!
I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...
CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D

lostflower4

Quote from: Lady on December 13, 2008, 12:17:09latin fans are generally very hot during the shows, it's not a bad quality at all!!! :-D


Then maybe they should wear less clothes/drink more water?  ;)

Look guys, I wasn't trying to start a debate about which country has the best fans... I was simply pointing out that when I usually watch a late night show like this, the fan response to the musical act seems rather "normal".

But when The Cure comes on you can hear some people really screaming, almost on the verge of freaking out -- even during the Kilborn and Kimmel interviews with Robert in 2004.

So maybe we can agree that The Cure has very passionate fans compared to a lot of other bands!