sick singers

Started by japanesebaby, June 01, 2008, 17:09:21

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

poor robert's recent sickly state and his "canadian comments" in kansas city reminded me off this:

billy corgan of smashing pumpkins was having some serious flu as they played the last show of the european tour here in march. as he very well knew tthat he sounded pretty bad, he made an ex tempore song about his state for us:

billy corgan: 'i'm sick' (2008-03-03 helsinki, ice hall)

:lol:

the funniest part of it was his jokes about norwegians - the crowds just totally loved him after that! :) ok maybe it takes a finn to understand what's so damn funny about it - but it was just SOOO funny. :D when he walked off the stage he was hailed as a king or something. ;P

(ps. nothing wrong with swedes and norwegians. but still, there's nothing more fun than bashing them! hehehe and ok i know they do the same to us anyway - those b**tards! hahaha it's so... funny! :D)

ps2. what can we learn about this, from these both cases? in any unexpected unpleasant unhappy situations, just quickly blame it all on your neighbor - works every time!
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Poe

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 01, 2008, 17:09:21
(ps. nothing wrong with swedes and norwegians. but still, there's nothing more fun than bashing them! hehehe and ok i know they do the same to us anyway - those b**tards! hahaha it's so... funny! :D)

Bashing, you say? Ihihi...

Anyhow, I went to their concert in Stockholm two days earlier, and didn't know until afterwards that they were all sickly (I think, not just Billy  :?) and had only slept for a few hours, so I thought they were trying to take the piss or something... :smth012 They seemed rather cranky and mostly rushed through songs (longing for bed, I guess), segueing one song into the next, so despite a roaring audience, the atmosphere was not the best. Things really kicked in during Billy's little acoustic numbers though, so a little "I'm Sick" to straighten things out would have been lovely. Aaww... :smth086

By the way, perhaps slightly off topic, Billy does seem to be working on a stand-up routine these days...

Stockholm, 080301, "Billy Corgan - The funny new me"
(Some of us sounds a bit "Swedish" here, don't we?  :eek: Oh my, I switched sides there for a second...)
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

j

Funny you should bring this up jb.  I saw She Wants Revenge last night and apparently Justin (the lead singer) was having throat problems yesterday and didn't think he'd be able to sing, but plowed through.  Other than horrible sound, the show was pretty good.  I'll be seeing them again in a few days in Detroit, so I'll be hoping for better health and sound.  Reminded me of a show I saw in Kansas City recently.  Maybe you guys have heard of the band.  I think they were called The Cure or something like that  ;)

Janko

Seems like Billy finally heard MADRUGADA and realised just how much his recent music sucks...

:-D
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason