A Night Like This
26 (21.8%)
Screw
1 (0.8%)
Sinking
22 (18.5%)

Total Members Voted: 97

Bloodflower

Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

themurderchair

the head on the door is such a brilliant album.
but i have some sort of weakness for a night like this
the intro to that song... i dont know it just sticks with me
the very first time i saw your face i thought of a song and quickly changed the tune. the very first time i touched your skin i thought of a story and rushed to reach the end too soon.

scatcat

A NIGHT LIKE THIS  :rocker   I never tire of this....

great album!!
Push is also a favourite.... and Kyoto song actually grows and grows on me every time I listen to the album  :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

rubcure

This album was my initial contact with The Cure; and I remember A night like this specially   :smth020

Why don't you re-open this polls? There are a lot of new people here and while we are waiting for the new album could be a good idea review all albums and share new votes... Thanks!  ;)
[center][size=10pt][font=arial][color=black]"...and the way the rain comes down hard is how i feel inside..."[/color][/font][/size][/center]

scatcat

Quote from: rubcure on December 15, 2007, 10:08:23

Why don't you re-open this polls? There are a lot of new people here and while we are waiting for the new album could be a good idea review all albums and share new votes... Thanks!  ;)

I agree   :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Cure Freak

My favorites are:
Inbetween Days
Push
The Blood
Close to Me

robiola

Well the voting is closed, but I would have voted for Push.
I was surprised that the least favorite turned out to be Close to Me, I thought Screw would have turned out to be the one to get less votes....I have heard a lot of people say they dislike that song. And so do I... :?

Steve

Interesting result.
I would have chosen Sinking tbh. Screw is alright, but Six Different ways?? :shock: :shock: :smth076

no no no no no no.
All kinds of wrong, that song.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

robiola

Quote from: Steve on December 16, 2007, 19:35:51
Interesting result.
I would have chosen Sinking tbh. Screw is alright, but Six Different ways?? :shock: :shock: :smth076

no no no no no no.
All kinds of wrong, that song.

Sinking was my second....But Steve...I actually kind of like Six Different Ways!
Not fond at all of Kyoto Song.

Steve

I'm alright with Kyoto Song (I know Marika will probably shoot me down for that ;))
But 6DW is not a shining star for the Cure.
I remember Marika posting some NIN footage on youtube not long ago & they used 6DW to clear the arena quickly  :roll:
Oh well, each to their own.
I also was tempted to vote A Night Like This, but the saxaphone kills it for me. I only like the live versions.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

Cure Freak

A Night Like This is just too "poppy" for me. Not fond of it at all.

kissingcrimson

Australian radio station triple J is playing the whole "The head on the door" album right this second. Tune in :)

http://www.abc.net.au/triplej/default.htm

it's up to 6 different ways..started at 9pm
'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

scatcat

thanks for the link kissingcrimson!!  :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

kissingcrimson

No probs Scatcat  :D ..the only thing is it's finished now. I Hope you managed to catch a couple of songs... It's nice to hear all of them played not only the "radio friendly" 'close to me' and 'in between days' xx  :smth020
'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

Carnage Visor

I'm a minority here.

Since I don't like their radio-friendly "fluffy love songs", I go for The Baby Screams, A Night Like This, or the demo disc for the more tough/dark stuff...I'm not into the happy songs by them. I'd much rather here Robert sing about sadness and hatred than about a "girl of his dreams" and stuff like that...too sickeningly sweet!

A Night Like This is a great song, and really captures what I feel the band is about to me. I like the key tonality, the lagging, drawn-out guitars...

Definately not my favorite album. I found the next year's effort to be much better, with songs like "The Kiss" and "Why Can't I Be You", or the album before this, THE TOP, which created a great visual landscape and musical stylings that were both invigorating and mesmorizing to listen to.