who's seen placebo live lately?

Started by japanesebaby, May 30, 2007, 21:21:35

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

(maybe this is just some food for those of you who like to make fun about the poor selection of shows out here in the outer rim...? well whatever...)
anyway, who's seen them lately? i just went to see them on sunday. i wasn't too thrilled in advance and i have to say i used to think rather badly about them and said some bad things here and there, even lately... but i have to say they really did surprise me positively by putting up a really good show. i even kind of liked brian molko's cabaree-ish performance now, i admit i used to think he was just copying dave gahan & co. - but much rather him than dave g., for sure!

and since they really do have lots of fans around here and the last time they visited us was in.... let's see, oh: 1997
(huh there we go again :roll:) so it was a rather electric night.
but honestly, i guess i've rarely seen so many hands in the air all throughout the show. it was really atmospheric, for fans and non-fans alike.
i tried to catch some of the "hands phenomenon" with my superb equipment :-P the focus went a bit too funny there though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToIvgOzMo2A

('part2' is more focused... but youtube sucks, again...)

set list:

Infra-red
Because I Want You
Follow The Cops Back Home
Space Monkey
Drag
Blind
Every You Every Me
Bionic
Meds
Soulmates
Special K
Special Needs
I Know
Without You I´m Nothing
Song To Say Goodbye
The Bitter End
Running Up That Hill
Twenty Years
Taste In Men

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

themurderchair

i saw them last year, and was really quite excited.
it was a bit of an anticlimax - i mean, they did put on a great show, but i can't help but think thats because i am a fan.
he seemed too disconnected from the audience, i didn't expect witty banter since it wouldnt really go along with Brain Molko's whole enigmatic stage persona type thing
but there just didn't seem to be alot of warmth in their performance, you know?
maybe thats just me.
the very first time i saw your face i thought of a song and quickly changed the tune. the very first time i touched your skin i thought of a story and rushed to reach the end too soon.

japanesebaby

maybe i was lucky because i didn't expect anything at all in advance - so i had a chance to be positively surprised.
actually i almost sold my ticket before the gig because i wasn't looking forward to it or anything and i was terribly busy otherwise during that time anyway so i had zero time to concentrate on anything extra.
but witty banter sounds weird for sure. there was none on the gig i was - which was probably a good thing, i guess.

maybe if i went to see them for a second time i'd be disappointed - so maybe i won't. ;)

lacrima mosa

saw them last saturday for the... 11th(?) time and i'm always pleased... i like them!! to start the concert brian said "welcome to some rock 'n roll and some rock 'n schwul (gay in german)"  :lol:
the concert was nice and the pearl jam concert after that was... better!  :rocker
08.10.2022 Helsinki
10.10.2022 Stockholm
12.10.2022 Oslo
13.10.2022 Göteborg
14.10.2022 Kopenhagen
16.10.2022 Hamburg
17.10.2022 Leipzig
18.10.2022 Berlin
18.11.2022 Strassburg
19.11.2022 Basel

crowbi_wan

Nice to see you enjoyed them.  I saw Placebo back in April and thought it was a great show.  The energy was and sound were top notch.  Not sure I would have the same feelings if they had played a larger venue.  As usual, I tape show that I attend and this one was no exception.  Anyone interested please pm me for a trade.  :D

Placebo
2007-04-21
Seattle, WA -The Fenix

Sonic Studios DSM-6S/L > PA-6LC2 > iriver iHP-120 (Rockbox)

Infra-Red
Because I Want You
Meds
Drag
Sleeping with Ghosts
I Know
Song To Say Goodbye
Follow The Cops Back Home
Every You Every Me
Special Needs
One Of A Kind
Without You I'm Nothing
Special K
The Bitter End

Running Up That Hill
20 Years

hush

Ahh Placebo.
They're one of my favourite bands ever.
I saw them live last year, it was amazing.

jmusiclover

Going tomorrow - 1st of 3 Warm up gigs before the Summer Festivals.

New tracks, new drummer, should be good. Will hopefully be taping 8)

Trust...

Quote from: jmusiclover on May 08, 2009, 20:47:28
Going tomorrow - 1st of 3 Warm up gigs before the Summer Festivals.

Wow have fun, I never saw them live, but I also like there music.
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

japanesebaby

Quote from: jmusiclover on May 08, 2009, 20:47:28

just curious, how was it and did you tape?

Trust...

Yihaaaa I'm gonna see PLACEBO live tomorrow @ Main Square Festival Arras France  :rocker

crowbi_wan

I'm looking forward to a US tour.  Their live shows are great!  :rocker  It's nice to see them gaining a larger fan base in America, though I'll miss the intimacy of seeing them in a smaller club.  Well, it's not like they'll be playing arenas.  I gather it'll be larger clubs, maybe theaters.  One can't really complain about that.  ;) 

Trust...

Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 03, 2009, 20:31:09
I'm looking forward to a US tour.  Their live shows are great!  :rocker  It's nice to see them gaining a larger fan base in America, though I'll miss the intimacy of seeing them in a smaller club.  Well, it's not like they'll be playing arenas.  I gather it'll be larger clubs, maybe theaters.  One can't really complain about that.  ;) 

They gonna play in december in "Het Sportpaleis" in Belgium :rocker

Trust...

crowbi_wan

Trust...

Thanks crowbi_wan  :smth023

They are really good live :rocker I really enjoyed the show :rocker
Many songs from there last album, Battle for The Sun.
Fantastic drummer, fantastic show and a perfect crowd :smth041

Great promo-team, my brother was wearing a shirt from Placebo and because of that, we became some stickers and pins from Placebo and they toke a picture from us to place it on the official site from Placebo  :-D

I'm glad I travelled to France to see them.

I will post some pictures in the following days  :D