Lovesong on American Idol

Started by lostflower4, March 30, 2007, 19:21:44

Previous topic - Next topic

strange_day

Quote from: dsanchez on March 31, 2007, 01:10:55
Sadly, I don't remember any band right now making a real good cover from The Cure. :cry:
Totally agree......most of them seem to be deaf, right?
One day, my band will do an amazing version of Disintegration, or From The Edge....or Open.... and it will be ace, i promise.....

Just got to have a word and maybe convince em now.  :-D

Lady

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

nausearockpig

OH NOOOOOOOOOOOO................ that was so so bad and so wrong..

man, if that's what passes for talent these days, i am gonna be sooooo rich....

hahahahahah!!!!!!

japanesebaby

Quote from: nausearockpig on April 07, 2007, 10:14:49
man, if that's what passes for talent these days, i am gonna be sooooo rich....

hehehehe just watch out, there's a lot of us talented ones out here... actually i'd suggest they better just start printing more more more money and fast, otherwise there's simply not going to be enough of it for everyone... ;)

(what's that? did i hear someone say "inflation"? come on, hey who gives a damn!)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Actually the guy who covered Cure's song, was in the final-final :shock:

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

disintegration

Quote from: dsanchez on June 12, 2007, 16:28:36
Actually the guy who covered Cure's song, was in the final-final :shock:

:shock: :smth011 :smth090
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

LetterToSaraElise

Quote from: Bloodflower on April 01, 2007, 03:16:25
Quote from: Lady on March 31, 2007, 21:05:35
Quote from: dsanchez on March 31, 2007, 01:10:55
Btw the only good about that video is the beauty blond girl. Is she the one from No-Doubt?
Gwen Stefani!
She's great and...beautiful! ;)

Opinions, opinions.... Shame yours conflict with mine.

Sorry to sort of bump this, but I'm new and saw this and thought I'd share a little insight.  I'm not a watcher of American Idol (nor am I American) however put me down for team Gwen.  I know that the songs of this show were chosen by Gwen herself, as songs that inspired her.  Gwen is actually a big Cure fan.  They both played the Livid festival in Australia a few years back, and she complained that security wouldn't let her near Roberts dressing room.   :)
They'll both be in Australia at the same time later this year, actually.  I'm going to see both within just over a week of each other.
'It's a perfect day for letting go...'

Carnage Visor

I hope this doesn't sound too negative, but WHY always "Lovesong"? The Cure has made many songs, most of which I feel should be heard more often. I tend to only hear "Friday I'm In Love", "Lovesong", and "In Between Days" on the radio or mentioned in group discussions.

I say, "Have you heard of The Cure?" and they reply, "Oh yeah! Friday I'm In Love!"
I wish they could have sang something a bit less tedious like "Lovecats" or "Boys Don't Cry", or something like "Why Can't I Be You?"...something different but still familiar.

I don't know why it gets to me so...