miles and miles and miles and miles away from home again

Started by japanesebaby, January 25, 2007, 23:43:06

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

be it near or far...
please tell us where you've been... things you saw... people you met... anything...! :D
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

japanesebaby

i was in paris, for the first time: very very beautiful. must visit there again someday...
some pics i took, daytime/nighttime:

dsanchez

I have been in many places in Europe and recently in another countries in southamerica, but my best memories are from my time in Belgium and also my trip to Slovakia, like 4 years ago.

I remember arriving to Namur (Belgium) on september 2002 for doing a course. There was a big party in the whole city. Lot's of beer and nice girls (belgian girls are really nice, by the way). I remembered traveling to Antwerp, and meeting two lovely italian girls (from Verona) on the street, then going to Bremen to see The Cure for the first time ever with a friend I met on the Internet a few months before, then going to Eindhoven to see Wayne Hussey with two belgian The Mission fans, then going to Slovakia to see my girlfriend, then going back to Czech to see a friend. So nice remembers and so many beautiful places.

It was so f*cking hard to back in Peru after those nicest moments in my life. I remember going to Brussels and when I went off the train I asked to the girl (because it was the first time I saw a girl controlling the tickets): can I make a picture of you?. And she was nice to say "Yes".

Then I have travelled a lot in my country (Peru) and just few weeks ago I went to Argentina, Chile and Paraguay.

I don't have all the pics now, but I let you with 4 pics. One I am in Amsterdam (look the big shoe), then there's a colorful hotel from Bratislava (Slovakia) and then to pics from Peru, a nice arc in the Taquile island in the Titikaka Lake and the famous Sacsayhuaman fort in Cuzco.

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 25, 2007, 23:43:06
be it near or far...
please tell us where you've been... things you saw... people you met... anything...! :D
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

drowning

down in 1995 two friend of mine ( one was a cure fan, the other didn´t know the cure) and i decided on friday to go to konstanz ( 500 km ) to see the cure live. we made some casettes with all albums of the cure, to give one friend a cure lession.
so we started on friday evening with driving, and the first album.
it was an intensiv expirience driving with all cure albums after the other played. like trilogy hardcore.
i will never forget driving through the arlberg tunnel, about 14 km long, with playing "the kiss" with full volume.......

after the concert in konstanz "rock am see" we looked at the team cure t shirt, on which place will they play next, and we saw "glastonbury festival".

so i knew i have to go there. 1500 km for the cure. the none cure fan, and an other friend were on thursday driving to englang, to see the cure.
with no ticket.
and this story of the festival i will never forget. ( would be 10000 pages of impressions) and it was a wonderfull cure end on sunday night.
band in very very good mood ( you will hear on the "dressing for a day out" bootleg) and the highlight: porl joined them on stage at the last song !!!!!!!!

japanesebaby

nice pics david!

Quotei will never forget driving through the arlberg tunnel, about 14 km long, with playing "the kiss" with full volume.......
it must have been :rocker !