remastered Disintegration version

Started by cure89, January 12, 2009, 14:04:37

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Interested comment posted by someone called "postpunk" at thecure.com

Can't say nothing yet coz I don't have the Deluxe edition.

QuoteFirstly the positive...superb remastering on the main album. Absolutely sublime. Secondly the negative..My dear Robert you have achieved something which I don't think any other artist/band/producer/remixer has achieved before you have managed to make a remixed album sound worse than it's original. I of course am refering to Entreat Plus. It was the first disc i put into the player and I wept...with distraught and sadness...not joy. What have you done to Boris' beautiful signature snare drum sound...that classic deep snare that was so crucial to the bands live sound at the time...and one of the key elements of what made the original Entreat so stunning. I thought the idea of adding Entreat to the delux Disintegration was so people who didn't experience the band on the Prayer tour (and I did luckily enough), could get an idea of just how majestic the band sounded at that time. Now we have a recording of the same band but with Boris playing a snare drum made out of a second hand Jacobs biscuits tin...and played in a different room. Drums aside ...where has the clarity gone ? Closedown (which is the most bearable because there's no snare in it) sounds muddy....the rhythm guitar line in Fascination street has disappeared.. i'm am so disappointed that such a hatchet job has been done on, in my opinion, one of the best albums in the Cure's catalogue. (I'm only talking Entreat here) I can accept you have wanted a different snare sound since WMS. The flat lifeless snare is not appealing to me, but I accept things must change otherwise you stagnate, and at the end of the day,you can do what you like...it's your music after all....but to go back to such a stunningly mixed album and make it worse, is just flabbergasting.. much love for many many years of quality music but Entreat Plus has left a bitter taste in my mouth
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo