Computer problems

Started by j, September 30, 2005, 09:17:52

Previous topic - Next topic

j

Well, it seems to be my turn to have the computer problems.  I have been hit with a nasty virus that seems to have all of the bases covered.  I can't access any software that would remove the virus, I can't access system restore, no internet (I'm at work now)......

Plus, one of the worst things is that I just spent an entire weekend about a month ago going through all of my shows and indexing them.  I had an excel spreadsheet that listed all of my shows and their corresponding location to make finding these shows easier.  That file is now corrupted. :evil:

And to make matters even worse, my in-house technical support (my wife) is working 14+ hour days for the next week at least, so she'll have no time to fix it for me.  So.....it appears that I will be out of commission for a little while.  Wish me luck!

DontMoove

JP

ron

Jeff,
Sorry to hear of your current troubles.  I've never had a bad virus that's totally locked me out but I've had hardware problems (and web site problems) that have just drove me insane.  I hope you can get it all sorted out and if you need anything from me, just ask.
ron

oh yeah, THANK YOU for sharing all the shows that you do.

Inshiver

Hi j,

I hope that you could fix your problems soon, good luck!
#Cheers - Patrick#

splitmilk34

"... sleeping less every night"

Tof

Hi Jeff

I hope that you can fix your problem!!!
Do you save your shows ???
I hope ..
If I can help you, ask !!!!

Tof
Tof

cult_hero

you should make backups in the future! i saved e. g. all my homepage-files on two extra hard drives (one external). and you should also backup your starting partition. it needs time to do it but less time than installing windows and all the programs again.

good luck!

the virus programmers should do something useful with their talents!  :evil:

j

I have a partial work around...I installed Firefox rather than using IE and I can at least access the internet for now.  Luckily, all of my shows are backed up to CD/DVD.  Although now if I want to trade, I have to physically go through each cd to find the show that I need, where before I had a number assigned to each show in my list and I could easily go to that disk.

I do have a backup copy of my list, but it is about 3 weeks old, so at least I haven't lost the entire thing!  Thanks for everyone's kind words!