love the cure forever and ever

Started by FarFar, September 24, 2007, 05:56:55

Previous topic - Next topic

silversand

Yes, i have to confess that sometimes are not so good threads on Forums, but if they didn't exist
it would be boring, i think.
I would also like to discuss something other than how i love this band.
We all know that we love the Cure, this is no question :D
So you can't please everybody this will never work i think.

slit-the-cats-like-cheese

Quote from: AlluivialL on September 24, 2007, 23:18:04
That was really hard to understand.

Ok let me aks another way:
if we love Cure so much and forever, why we not post a threads where to share opinion why love Cure why it is important why it is good and not only posting chat that not mean anything and not say anything to other fan who read it?
I think more interesting to read peopl tell why Cure is important, than only read I love Cure I love Cure!
Is many thread on the forum where can discuss this and have fun to share opinion.
What is wrong to discuss it?
Sorry my enlish.  

thanks.

silversand

I didn't mean it slit-the-cats-like-cheese. And to be angry doesn't help on, okay  :).
What i wanted to do is to help you and nothing more.
The other way round, you will always find on Forums threads you don't like, so it's your choice
to post a reply or not.

Yes, of course it's more interesting why the Cure is so important, than to discuss umpteenth why we love them. I hope you're not angry anymore, okay :)  ;)

dsanchez

Quote from: slit-the-cats-like-cheese on September 24, 2007, 23:15:53
Yes of corse I like cure you like cure we all like cure and it's obviously yes that everyone here like the cure yes?
Is no question of this: what i mean I always like to read this forum because is good informative forum about the cure
if i want to read chat i go to some chat forum. but topic like WelovetheCure and maybe soon what color is robert sock. What is new and what is to learn?

I have to agree here with slit-the-cats-like-cheese. Curefans.com has been and it's (hopefully) one of the most informatives Cure sites in the whole planet.

Unfortunately the lack of Curenews, the US tour posponed and so on, have made that many of us start too many "off topics" in Curefans.com (actually too(!) many in the last days). Altought Curefans.com has not specific rules and freedom is what made this forum grown so fast, we encourage people to create more topics that can be helpful to the community, where people can actually learn something, as slit-the-cats-like-cheese stated.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

AlluivialL

Quote from: slit-the-cats-like-cheese on September 24, 2007, 23:29:05
Quote from: AlluivialL on September 24, 2007, 23:18:04
That was really hard to understand.

Ok let me aks another way:
if we love Cure so much and forever, why we not post a threads where to share opinion why love Cure why it is important why it is good and not only posting chat that not mean anything and not say anything to other fan who read it?
I think more interesting to read peopl tell why Cure is important, than only read I love Cure I love Cure!
Is many thread on the forum where can discuss this and have fun to share opinion.
What is wrong to discuss it?
Sorry my enlish. 

thanks.

Oh I know what you meant, I just yeah..meant it was hard to understand english wise.
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?

slit-the-cats-like-cheese

no I not angry. I only wondering much why people posting chat very much but not have real thing to say about Cure or why is like not want to discuss Cure anyway? I post very little but I read and learning lot. Of corse not all thread please you or please me. I say already I not judge it. But ask why not to discuss more interesting things if in agree that more interesting things exist in another threads?  :)

thanks.

AlluivialL

Quote from: slit-the-cats-like-cheese on September 24, 2007, 23:53:51
no I not angry. I only wondering much why people posting chat very much but not have real thing to say about Cure or why is like not want to discuss Cure anyway? I post very little but I read and learning lot. Of corse not all thread please you or please me. I say already I not judge it. But ask why not to discuss more interesting things if in agree that more interesting things exist in another threads?

thanks.

Yes I agree, to some extent.
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?

Carnage Visor

Well, I've posted alot lately, in many different threads. So there's me...

Every once and a while it's good to have convo like this...especially because I'm an extreme social outcast and shunned by my community...

At least in this community, nobody can see me!

Plus, I only know one person in my life who is a Cure fan, and that's my mom.

It's cool if you don't like it, just don't criticize...go to a different board and enjoy! There's always someone to talk to here, it seems.

I'm not mad at you at all! I'm a very nice person! :smth001
I've been here for only a few months, but hey, I'm starting to get settled. Slowly but surely.

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: dsanchez on September 24, 2007, 23:47:43

Curefans.com has been and it's (hopefully) one of the most informatives Cure sites in the whole planet.

Unfortunately the lack of Curenews, the US tour posponed and so on, have made that many of us start too many "off topics" in Curefans.com (actually too(!) many in the last days).

So what's wrong with lots of "off topic" threads?  They are just for fun and it's a way to kill time whilst we wait for Cure news.  And we all know how the Cure work so it may take quite some time for any news. ;)

I know I've only been here a short time, but I wouldn't call this site "one of the most informative Cure sites".  It's basically the same as any other.  Lots of posts on the Cure and way way way too many off topic posts.

japanesebaby

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on September 25, 2007, 08:48:42
Quote from: dsanchez on September 24, 2007, 23:47:43

Curefans.com has been and it's (hopefully) one of the most informatives Cure sites in the whole planet.

Unfortunately the lack of Curenews, the US tour posponed and so on, have made that many of us start too many "off topics" in Curefans.com (actually too(!) many in the last days).

So what's wrong with lots of "off topic" threads?  They are just for fun and it's a way to kill time whilst we wait for Cure news.  And we all know how the Cure work so it may take quite some time for any news. ;)

I know I've only been here a short time, but I wouldn't call this site "one of the most informative Cure sites".  It's basically the same as any other.  Lots of posts on the Cure and way way way too many off topic posts.

definitely no offense iwannashagsimon, but maybe being here for a short time explains it: what if you don't see this site different as any other because you've joined here during a period that has been full off pretty nonsense chatter?
yes i'd dare to say this site used to be different than all these other chatty cure forums - to have a different, informative forum was actually one of the reasons why this forum was originally put up in the first place... there was and still is a good bunch of us here who really disliked places like mfc, official site, one other place which name i'm not going to mention(...) and wanted to create a different kind of place. so maybe not "one of the most informative sites" but i'd dare to say "one of the most informative forums" (whereas if you ask me, most other forums are so noninformative that i don't even see any reason to hang around those, hardly to visit them).
yet it does look like the chatty nonsense (sorry to call it that...) has caught with us lately... and so it's maybe about time and reasonable to bring this topic up and into discussion. because the majority of topics in discussion here really used to be "real" cure topics, all these "other topics" really used to be in a big minority. now it's taken the turn the other way and i have to say i don't really like it - or let me say, i can't really see how that could be such a positive development.

CV wrote as an advice to slit-the-cats-like-cheese: "...then go to a different board and enjoy!" - but look at it this way: what if this used to be that different board?

whereas i don't and i can't stop anyone posting chat topics or any other topics, i have to agree it has been a bit disappointing to see the turn the forum has taken during past months/weeks. i say that as my personal opinion.
and yes i've contributed to these chat topic too sometimes recently, but decided against it very recently since it's actually driving me a bit too frustrated and as i personally do greatly dislike the mfc-ish lable/look that it gives us. like pointed out earlier in the thread, why make this forum one those chatty pointless "i love you robert!" forums when it doesn't have to be like them? to be perfecty honest, if anyone asks me there are enough forums like this already, i'm not afraid to say this.  not every forum has to be the same.

so yes not sure how i'd put this to avoid misunderstandings but i'd personally wish people would see more worth around them here - and god grant us some proper news and a tour soon!
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 25, 2007, 09:15:44
one other place which name i'm not going to mention(...)

Hope you're not talking about Beach Of Stone. :(  That's actually my favorite Cure foum.

japanesebaby

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on September 25, 2007, 09:18:26
Quote from: japanesebaby on September 25, 2007, 09:15:44
one other place which name i'm not going to mention(...)

Hope you're not talking about Beach Of Stone. :(  That's actually my favorite Cure foum.

well i don't think it doesn't even matter what place i'm talking about. although actually i've never even visited that forum you mentioned. anyway, i wasn't saying "this or that board sucks so everyone should never go there!". people are free to join and hang around every forum they like and my opinion has nothing to do with it, of course.

all i wanted was to point out that we maybe shouldn't just straightaway take it in granted "every forum is the same, every forum must have the same sort of mentality same sort of balance in the discussion, every forum is supposed to be the same" - because that's maybe not the truth. maybe people put up new forums because they don't want everything to be the same - otherwise people who put this one up wouldn't needed to do it but they could have just gone over to mfc and have the time of their lives. yet they didn't.

all i'm saying that this board used to have a bit different mentality, we used to have let's say at least 85% of discussion in the "real" cure related threads. and since things have taken a turn lately, this has caused some justified alarm - and so i think it's very reasonable to bring this up and into discussion.

FarFar

after i read all the post that posted by all of you...i'll know that all of you are die hard fan of the cure...congratulation...this is the purpose i create the topic....

so keep love the cure..even though they are retired or die :smth023

congrats to all of you...... :smth023 :smth023 :smth023

love cure forever and ever...and i hope in future my kids will love the cure like i do.... :rocker :rocker
Life full of colorful, beautiful and mystery...just need to wait...it will come and chase you...

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 25, 2007, 09:25:34
we used to have let's say at least 85% of discussion in the "real" cure related threads.

Perhaps all of the "real" Cure things have been discussed at the moment and folks are just running out of things to say??  I know I have. :?

Plus I think off topic threads are a good way to learn more about each other.  It's obvious we are all Cure fans, but there is more to us than just that. :-D

japanesebaby

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on September 25, 2007, 09:38:09
Quote from: japanesebaby on September 25, 2007, 09:25:34
we used to have let's say at least 85% of discussion in the "real" cure related threads.

Perhaps all of the "real" Cure things have been discussed at the moment and folks are just running out of things to say??  I know I have. :?

Plus I think off topic threads are a good way to learn more about each other.  It's obvious we are all Cure fans, but there is more to us than just that. :-D

well, if all really interesting cure things are thoroughly dicussed and over... i think the question would be then "why do we even keep this place running?" right?
ok come on, i mean the cure just can't be somehow "fully discussed through" and over! if it were it would mean it's just a totally shit nonimportant band like backstreet boys or something.
yes i've nothing against people getting know each other. i was just talking about the blaance of things - the balance isn't ideal if people have nothing to say about the cure but only feel the need to chat. again, why would the forum be here then if there's nothing left to say about this band? sounds alarming to me. and another view on it could be: surely off-topic threads are a great way chat but there are also chat lines, myspace, mfc, things like that. so all i meant was that not everything out here on internet somehow has to be a 24/7 chat line.