Cure tattoos

Started by dsanchez, November 07, 2006, 15:14:01

Previous topic - Next topic

boneheadhaggar

I am considering a Cure tattoo, but am unsure what to get and where to get it, suggestions please.............. :D
its nice to be nice

scatcat

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 22, 2007, 12:28:51
Quote from: Siouxsie_ on September 22, 2007, 11:47:14
I am far too scared to ever get a tattoo.

i wouldn't be scared of the pain but i would maybe be scared of the idea that i'll have it branded on me for the rest of my life. that's probably why i never wanted any tattoos. i know that i often get bored easily and i like to change things - i like to change the way my room is decorated, the way my furniture is arranged and so on. i enjoy esthetical changes around me (just as long as they truly are esthetical! i mean, i don't just like change for the change's sake, there's got to be some esthetical aim/goal in it.)
so i think i've never been into tattoos simply because i wouldn't like the idea that i'll have something ON me for as long as i live.
i guess i don't believe in permanence (any kind of it) in life...  

this is so what I think too !  I wouldn't get one, cos I know I would change my mind , and really would get sick of seeing same thing. :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

boneheadhaggar

I have my boys names tattooed on my arm, and I never get sick of looking at it :)
its nice to be nice

ROGUE

Quote from: boneheadhaggar on October 24, 2007, 09:41:21
I have my boys names tattooed on my arm, and I never get sick of looking at it :)
Oh thats nice  :smth054 I like that.

As for a Cure tattoo~(suggestion) something shadowy (sort of like Steve's avatar) but with Roberts shadow,
of his body, Big hair and guitar, with guitar really blue and face pale, you know the rest... Thats how i envision
a tattoo if i was going to get one.  With one of his padded shoulder 80's suites on, maybe white shirt ?
had a clear vision of my perfect dream tattoo, or my imagination of Robert  :smth051 like how he looks in
'A night like this video'- would be perfect for me.-but not alot of detail on the face, i think that individual tattoo
artist have their own perceptions of faces, so just a few features, and shadowed by hair and tilted head.

LuvURobert

:smth017 I've always thought about getting one, too but then I chicken out.  Not so much scared of the pain, but afraid of choosing something I might get tired of looking at later.  My younger brother has tons of tats.  Huge one on his back and a bunch of them on his arms.  Yeh, pretty much gave my parents coronaries when we were younger.  Scary one's too, like the girl's face from the Excorcist, nicely done BTW and skeletons, etc.  They look great on him because that's who he is.  Hmmm...not sure what I would get though. Guess that's why I don't have any yet.  :lol:

CF ~ I really like yours on your tummy!  I think it would look great colored in, too.  :smth023
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

Cure Freak

Quote from: boneheadhaggar on October 24, 2007, 09:41:21
That is so sweet.
As far as tattoo ideas. COF has some really  cool tats.
Something form the Wish album would be cool.
http://www.pbase.com/craigparker/tattoos
This is what I'm going to get, if I get another tat. But a little smaller.And on back upper shoulder area.

ROGUE: thank you for your reply about the red ink. I guess it does depend on what the ink is made of.
LuvURobert :thank you :smth001

ROGUE

WOW 'mysticalnyte's tatt (on the link posted in Cure Freaks) looks SO real-

in my eyes looks most spot on to Robert. (in my eyes, but didnt enlarge it) and like some of the others aswell,
the design ones.   :smth023

Cure Freak

Mike's tat on the COF link is fantastic. The whole back!
And a great ink job.
I,also, like Jared's, who got Rob's signature into a tat.

silversand

Your tattoo on your belly looks great Cure Freak :)
The tattoo which picture you've posted is cool.
I don't want one, because of the pain and as it's permanent.

Cure Freak

thank you silversand. :smth001
You can have it surgically removed. But there will be a scar. That's what I've heard.
But i understand about that. I was  reluctant to get one. Becasue one of my ex hubby's brothers died  from AIDS due to infected needles. He had quite a few  tats,too.  But that was several years ago and most tat artists are careful now.

silversand

You're welcome Cure Freak :)
The surgical removal and that will stay a scar afterwards is also a reason why i don't want a tattoo.

AlluivialL

Quote from: Cure Freak on October 24, 2007, 19:29:33
You can have it surgically removed. But there will be a scar. That's what I've heard.
But i understand about that. I was  reluctant to get one. Because one of my ex hubby's brothers died  from AIDS due to infected needles. He had quite a few  tats,too.  But that was several years ago and most tat artists are careful now.

There is a type of tattoo removal that doesn't leave scars, my dad has been getting it, though it's about 100x as painful as getting the tattoo, and you have to go for multiple sessions.

But gosh, I want a tattoo.
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?

Cure Freak

Quote from: AlluivialL on November 02, 2007, 01:37:58
But i understand about that. I was  reluctant to get one. Because one of my ex hubby's brothers died  from AIDS due to infected needles. He had quite a few  tats,too.  But that was several years ago and most tat artists are careful now.

There is a type of tattoo removal that doesn't leave scars, my dad has been getting it, though it's about 100x as painful as getting the tattoo, and you have to go for multiple sessions.

I heard that removals were more painful than getting a tat. is it a sugical procedure?

AlluivialL

Quote from: Cure Freak on November 02, 2007, 10:40:23
Quote from: AlluivialL on November 02, 2007, 01:37:58

I heard that removals were more painful than getting a tat. is it a sugical procedure?

I'm not quite sure.
But I think I get a bit confused, am I seducing or being seduced?

j

It is a series of laser treatments.  Basically a laser is set to pass to the layer of skin where the ink pigment from the tattoo lies.  The laser blasts apart the ink molecules which then get absorbed back into the body.  Black is the easiest and fastest to remove.  Colors take longer, and are therefore more expensive.  I have heard people equate the pain to a constant bee sting.  Basically the laser comes out of the end of a pen.  The zap one area, move to the next.

Imagine taking having a picture on a piece of paper.  Now take a magic marker.  Press the tip of the marker in one spot.  Then another.  Then another until the entire image is covered.  That is what they need to do in laser removal.  And each press of the "magic marker" feels like one bee sting.  Or so I've heard!