Started by lacrima mosa, October 04, 2006, 13:05:09

Previous topic - Next topic

mint car

[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

~*CherryRed*~

"prone to flights of whimsy"

KingOfSomeIsland

http://www.myspace.com/worldwidesuicide

I got bit by the myspace bug 2 and half years ago... And I still use the same account.

~*CherryRed*~

I have put in a request to delete my myspace, and I'm also off facebook... I am really really concerned about being 'found' by persons I don't want to be found by, and so being open and 'free' on the net (by using facebook/myspace) is far to risky for me now - sad to say I guess... but I'm closing my self down.  :cry:

dsanchez

that's a pitty Cherry. Anyway, just want to let you know here at Curefans.com you're safe and your identity is kept in private!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Janko

Quote from: ~*CherryRed*~ on July 29, 2008, 04:28:32
I have put in a request to delete my myspace, and I'm also off facebook... I am really really concerned about being 'found' by persons I don't want to be found by, and so being open and 'free' on the net (by using facebook/myspace) is far to risky for me now - sad to say I guess... but I'm closing my self down.  :cry:

Are you in some sort of program?!

:shock:
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

~*CherryRed*~

Quote from: dsanchez on August 11, 2008, 21:20:25
that's a pitty Cherry. Anyway, just want to let you know here at Curefans.com you're safe and your identity is kept in private!

Cheers mate! Myspace and facebook are where most people seem to go to find others these days (via the net) so I just thought to not participate in that arena for the time being... Curefans.com, I think I will be safe here!

japanesebaby

i think i know what you mean *CherryRed*, i've had some bad experiences on myspace too. perhaps not similar to yours but anyway, that place can get weird.
personally i find places like myspace and facebook to be rather shallow form of online life. for all i've observed it seems to be mostly people shouting "thanks for adding me!" or "have a great weekend!". nothing bad in that of course, that's not my point. i guess it just keeps being bit of a mystery to me, why those sites really became so very popular, such a phenomenon. anyway. 
the only really useful thing i find over there are various band updates/news one can receive via myspace.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Janko

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 25, 2008, 18:19:32

personally i find places like myspace and facebook to be rather shallow form of online life. 

You're right.
But, I think these things are aimed at 14-24 age group...

:-D

japanesebaby

Quote from: Janko on August 25, 2008, 20:01:28
But, I think these things are aimed at 14-24 age group...

i recently read results of a survey (a local one, not an international one) that compared the ages of the user groups in various web services like myspace, facebook and IRC gallery. it actually said that whereas the majority of the IRC users very appr. 19 year-olds, over half of the myspace users were over 24 years.
i was a bit surprised, actually!

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

I think myspace is good to promote your band or your website :P

The site really lacks of design and functionality. I use it to connect with some friends and people I know, but I really don't care about blogging or commenting there. For that I have curefans or my own blog...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Curefans.com have from today it's official MySpace site

http://www.myspace.com/curefanscom 

We will publish there relevant news. The site will help us to promote more curefans.com and to keep contact with members who don't come here too often.

Spread the word!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Janko

Quote from: dsanchez on October 10, 2008, 04:41:57
Curefans.com have from today it's official MySpace site

I'm so there!

:smth023

PerfectBlueSkyDolls

Okie. I will be adding Curefans myspace so request is coming ;)
If you want to add me, PM me. Rather not paste my url in the public.
Thanks  :smth023