phobias... what is your personal phobia?

Started by scatcat, January 05, 2008, 15:35:04

Previous topic - Next topic

Meddy

I have tons of phobias, I guess the most generic is snakes...ugh...I HATE snakes.  Nope, not for me.  I have this thing that I feel that there are a ton of spirits about me, and sometimes I think that I see them (and usually they are not overly friendly); and sometimes during the day it's worse.  I always start to panic if I over dwell on the concept of "no tomorrow", but I don't know if that is just because I am a parent now.  It's like my fears have intensified 10 fold since I have had a child.  And I would say that one of my stronger ones is locked doors.  I have to check to make sure that I have locked my door about 30 times before I will go to bed.  I will pace over and over, even get up from bed, double check (meaning I have to phsyically feel that it's locked, a glance just doesn't suffice) it if I wake up in the middle of the night.  And sometimes, I get that way over my car to.  My boyfriend can't understand.  He will tell me he has locked it, but 99% of the time, I still have to get up and double check.  It's nuts!  So am I totally crazy?
"I want to live deeply, and suck the marrow from life." HDT

kissingcrimson

deep water...
&
small/medium size lizards... :( ( due to a(funny) but traumatic childhood experience)..
I don't mind the larger ones, iguanas....they're ok...I think I can only handle looking at them through glass though.
'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

dsanchez

Quote from: scatcat on January 05, 2008, 19:14:42
I cry like a baby when I have to have blood taken.

In my case is not that I am afraid of neddles, but rather of getting a terminal disease by blood-contact. I'm really paranoic about that :shock:

Just few months ago I went to the barber and he accidentally cut a little part of my neck which make it bleed. Now, I was scared because I didn't know if he use a new shaving for my neck (the place was expensive so I hoped he did). Anyway, I was scary about that sometimes. Yes, I know, I'm a freak.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

frog_s

Awww you're not a freak, I think loadsa people have it!

Now I'm reading this thread again, this morning a huge spider was watching me shower while he was climbing his little ropes, gosh, I couldn't get my eyes off of him, just imagine him suddenly hanging nearby my face with his legs dangling in the air like sipders always do. YUCK, but it's not a phobia, I know.

Carnage Visor

I just realized something and now it all makes sense:

I'm afraid of people...at least other people my age. I can be around an adult, but when I am walking down the street and a group of kids 14 and up walk towards me, I bolt!

It doesn't help I dont go to a public school, because whenever the taxi drops me off at my house, I have to wait until the students from the public school are out of sight (because my house is near the public school) until I can get out of the cab.

Also, I had a full-on panic attack at a party recently (did I mention this already? I think...) and my heart was racing, simply because there were alot of other teenagers there! Nobody said anything mean, I was just dead scared!

It's getting worse, I'm afraid to call my own friends... :oops:

japanesebaby

for anyone afraid of big ugly spiders, liverpool was not the place to be lately:

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=Qc2SwINRfnI&fmt=18

:shock:  :lol:

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

bluewater

My biggest fear is psychiatry. They use too much force and unnecessary medicin.
Life's too short to listen to lossy music

scatcat

Quote from: bluewater on September 06, 2008, 17:58:53

My biggest fear is psychiatry. They use too much force and unnecessary medicin.

hey,hey, there bluewater.. I have also a fear of psychiatrists, doctors and psychologists..  ( i actually think they have MORE problems than the norm.!)
As far as I have read, the profession with the most suicidal tendencies are the Psychiatrists.. imagine listening to tormented/traumatised/perverted patients.. then going home to 'assume' a normal life..  :roll:

.. and yes, the profession just pop you on western 'medicine' that fails ultimately in the end. And like a bandaid, it solves nothing but a quick heal. Side-affects, and proper councilling , as well as internal healing,  are worth more than being strung-out on meds!
IMHO   8)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

KingOfSomeIsland

For a long time I struggled with agoraphobia which is the fear of new and unfamiliar places. It was a terribly rough time for me. But luckily I got over that and can go out and meet people and have fun.

I also once had a fear of rejection which made it very difficult for me to get a girlfriend for the longest time... And the first one I had was a terrible time but I guess it kinda set me straight because I stood up got rid of the people keeping me down and now Im not afraid of anything haha

Although sometimes I get scared I might be going crazy but then I remember that if i was going crazy I wouldnt be worring about my own madness because id be crazy

revolt

Quote from: KingOfSomeIsland on September 08, 2008, 17:49:47

Although sometimes I get scared I might be going crazy but then I remember that if i was going crazy I wouldnt be worring about my own madness because id be crazy

Actually, that seems like quite good reasoning to me...  :-D

mint car

I have fear from airplanes and trains, I don't know why... but when I see them I don't feel good  :roll:
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

PerfectBlueSkyDolls

Creepy crawlys  (like spiders, fluttery things, bugs etc ) :shock:
Needles.
Balloons. (especially those latex rubbery ones they have at kids parties) I know, weird, but always afraid they'll pop  :shock: Hate that.