porl / parched art.....

Started by punx_chix, March 21, 2008, 19:05:31

Previous topic - Next topic

punx_chix

helllloooo, I got this beautiful shirt the other day, and I'm almost positive the artwork is by Porl, but just wanted to make sure (as I want to get a tattoo of the spider) and knew someone on here will know for sure...

I tried to do my own research but I never found this image anywhere else.

thanks..
...and i run around hysterical
in dead persistent gloom...

punx_chix

I suppose nobody knows! well I'm going to assume it's porl/parched art, because they did all the album art as well..meow

scatcat

well, it does look similar to my lullaby t-shirt, ( did Porl design these?) and artwork for the singles..

it could well be, Parched Art.
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

punx_chix

this is the front of my shirt, is it similar to yours?
and that is what i'm not 100 % sure about, but parched art did do the album sleeves because i see the little tea cup thingy!!

japanesebaby

do you know if that shirt is official merchandise or not?
i suppose official merch would have had right to use parched art artwork. whereas bootleg t-shirts might have been using some replica designs too.

and yes, of course parched art did all those album sleeves. but did porl design them all? i don't know, he designed "many of them" but as parched art was not solely his own project i
really don't know who designed what exactly there.

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=187218094
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

punx_chix

Yeah I do believe it is official it has the copyright mark 89' and it says brockum next to it, and I've seen that myspace page before not to much info on there, I see it just says something about porl and that guy andy vella.
I guess there is just no real way of knowing! ohh well I just love that creepy spider.

and when you guys think of candy striped...what colors do you think of? I think of red and white, but the shirt is like a faded orange and black...hmmmmmm

scatcat

Quote from: punx_chix on March 23, 2008, 13:51:06
this is the front of my shirt, is it similar to yours?
and that is what i'm not 100 % sure about, but parched art did do the album sleeves because i see the little tea cup thingy!!

yes. the front is the same too. although, maybe the colours seem a bit different
( from photo) mine is a bit more brighter shades with coral and yellow. mine has faded tag, but has printed along the 't' on the front: (copyright) 1989 THE CURE UNDER LICENSE TO BROCKUM ..
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

punx_chix

yeah mine is wayyy faded, I think we have the same shirt!

And I have come to the conclusion that there really is know way of finding out, unless I could talk to Porl...hmmmm... Don't think thats going to happen any day soon.  :(

soooo whoever deletes these threads, I think this one is dead now!!  :D

scatcat

:smth023  sweet. beautiful t-shirt.. does anyone else have the lullaby t-shirt?
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life