2022.12.12 London - The SSE Arena Wembley (England)

Started by dsanchez, January 08, 2022, 16:38:14

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

bl00d.flower

I'm searching for a standing area ticket for the second London show. If anyone has a spare ticket or can't attend, please contact me 

fabrilamp79

Hi, I have two tickets for the December 12th concert that I can sell because I didn't get to go to the concert. Tickets were purchased from www.axs.com

If you are interested, sell tickets at the same price as on the website www.axs.com

Thank you!

Rietan

I wonder if they will keep the same structure (alone to endsong) for all London concerts... soon we will know

Rietan

Technically it might be too difficult to change it..

pyota

Can't wait to get this framed (my friend got me one)

Ulrich

Quote from: Rietan on December 12, 2022, 20:45:22I wonder if they will keep the same structure (alone to endsong) for all London concerts...

Seeing they've kept it like that for the whole tour, I'm sure they will.

Setlist 12/12:

Alone, Pictures of You, At Night, A Night Like This, Charlotte Sometimes, Lovesong, And Nothing Is Forever, Burn, The Figurehead, A Strange Day, Push, Play For Today, A Forest, Shake Dog Shake, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Endsong

I Can Never Say Goodbye, Plainsong, Prayers for Rain, Disintegration

Lullaby, The Walk, Let's Go To Bed, Friday I'm in Love, Close to Me, In Between Days, Just Like Heaven, Boys Don't Cry.

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

again and again and again

Quote from: pyota on December 13, 2022, 03:50:43Can't wait to get this framed (my friend got me one)

This is amazing!  Was it only sold at the gig?  The queue was sooo long I couldn't face it!

Rietan

Just ordered it in the online shop with the Paris one :-)

pyota

Quote from: again and again and again on December 13, 2022, 18:43:20This is amazing!  Was it only sold at the gig?  The queue was sooo long I couldn't face it!

get it here https://shopuk.thecure.com/

again and again and again

Ulrich

Ulrich

Better late than never, here's another review:

https://thequietus.com/articles/32504-the-cure-live-wembley-review

QuoteOne of the few things I can still agree with Leon Trotsky on is that "old age is the most unexpected of all things that can happen to a man". There was a time when I could no more imagine The Cure growing old than I could myself. My reason for thinking I would stay the same was because I was young, whereas The Cure simply seemed to stand outside time altogether, and so were disqualified from the ordinary ways of measuring duration and decay. Their appearance, basically a mask, which would morph from the strikingly decorative into a recognisable disguise over the decades, encouraged this. As did the music, which having reached something like full realisation with 2000's Bloodflowers, rendered any further euphonious progression pointless if not impossible (as the two albums of repertoire retreads released since then unfortunately demonstrated). Happily, the brand new material that features heavily in their London set avoids those missteps, tapping back into their "big music"; The Cure's own wall of sound that evokes timelessness and time passing, nearer post rock than goth, a vast musical Siberia, evanescing in a wash of pedals, drum rolls and memory. Despite their slow pace, which is all part of the point, none of the new numbers drag. Instead they are as reassuring as hearing a greatest hits set by your favourite group (which is also thoughtfully provided). 46 years of experience have given Smith a solid grasp of his band's core competencies.