2023.06.25 Columbia, MD Merriweather Post Pavilion (USA)

Started by dsanchez, March 11, 2023, 20:35:12

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Tarheelblue

So I didn't see this posted in broader forum so will try here since it's (date-wise) one of maybe 4 shows that works.

What is the deal with re-sale? Ticketmaster says tix aren't transferable but that there is a "face value resale." But I can't find that. Is that a real thing? And how are they making tix "non transferable" anyway? Are they matching a ticket buyer to their ID?

Sorry if dumb questions. But eager to see Bob & the gang for the first time since mid-90s

Any info appreciated.

Cheers!

Ulrich

https://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/2023-06-25.php

Alone
Pictures Of You
A Fragile Thing
Burn
Lovesong
And Nothing Is Forever
The Last Day Of Summer
At Night
A Night Like This
Push
Play For Today
A Forest
Shake Dog Shake
From The Edge Of The Deep Green Sea
Endsong

I Can Never Say Goodbye
Want
Plainsong
Prayers For Rain
Disintegration

Lullaby
Fascination Street
The Walk
Friday I'm In Love
Close To Me
Why Can't I Be You?
In Between Days
Just Like Heaven
Boys Don't Cry
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ulrich

Ulrich

https://eu.usatoday.com/story/entertainment/music/2023/06/26/the-cures-first-tour-since-2016-is-one-of-the-best-of-2023/70355063007/

QuoteCOLUMBIA, Md. – It's the sleeper hit of the year, packing venues from Los Angeles to New York, allowing fans to channel the inner goth of their youth and dazzling with a career-spanning set list of nearly 30 songs.

Despite no definitive arrival for The Cure's first release since 2008's "4:13 Dream," the band has included several new tracks in all of its shows.

The main set was bookended with newbies – the Pink Floyd-like opener "Alone" and the devastating "Endsong," a bleak musing on aging ("No hopes, no dreams, no world ... I don't belong here anymore") filled with guitar squiggles and crashing cymbals.

Smith remains the focal point of The Cure – and how could he not be with his trademark heap of black hair, blur of scarlet lipstick and lacquered eye makeup? His voice, a blend of sad wail and smooth croon, endures as a distinctive, undiminished sound.