Which member(s) of the Cure would make a good Dr Who?

Started by SueC, December 31, 2019, 15:18:02

Previous topic - Next topic

SueC

Happy New Year, everybody!   :-D

I'm married to a Dr Who obsessive and have been encouraged in that direction myself... my husband hooked me with Blink - which is wow :heart-eyes - and then took me on a tour of all the classic Dr Who stories starting with the very first episode from 1963.  We are currently up to Sylvester McCoy - in the modern series I personally began with Matt Smith because David Tennant's Dr Who annoyed me (though I thought he was great in Broadchurch and Good Omens), and am up to date and ready for the resumption of Jodie Whittaker's take tomorrow.

Anyway, so to tie together some viewing with some listening - helped along by the constant presence of that Bad Wolf inscription on the Cure stage, and my husband's speculations regarding Dr Who themes in Simon Gallup's tattoos (not that he ever holds still long enough on stage for anyone to get a good look at them), we're posing the question:

Which member of The Cure do you think would make a good Dr Who?  Extra points awarded for explaining your reasoning, and telling us what their TARDIS would look like.  You could also suggest a band member for a Master, if you like.

...here's Rowan Atkinson's take, just to get some ideas flowing for doing unconventional Dr Who:

Brett obviously thinks Simon Gallup should get the gig because he's dead sure the Bad Wolf thing goes with him (and has speculated that he actually has a Target books logo tattooed onto him), and that his TARDIS would obviously be an amp.  (I personally don't think he'd need a TARDIS, I see him as a sort of free-floating entity that could whiz around under his own steam, like Bill and Heather).

Personally I think Reeves Gabrels would make a good Dr Who, just because of the cool cat-ness of the guy.  I will leave someone else to speculate on what his TARDIS would look like... and I think Simon Gallup would make a good Master for this choice of Dr Who.

What do you all think?
SueC is time travelling