Vinyl disc to digital audio

Started by dsanchez, April 16, 2007, 15:22:43

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Hi folks

I have a Denon DRA-395. The back of the amplifier have the following options:

I have a turntable Kenwood connected -of course-to the "Phone" Line-In Option. Then I have two cables connected to the "VCR" option so that I can play music from my laptop:

The thing is that I want to be able to record what I play in the turntable to the laptop.

Anyone have experience doing this?. I am having some trouble to press the right button or doing the right cable connection perhaps?

Thanks

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

vnvrum

Hi,
u did everything right.
But, u have to take an output channel.
Normaly on a receiver u could witch on the front panel for a option like CD (or Phono) in --> VCR out...
Note: make sure u did the peak level right.

on your "computer" use a recording software like cubase, wavelab.
Or a cheaper one, which already works great is goldwave. The "prof." software but have other plugins, so that for e.g. detects the "tracks" on your vinyl.
And they also have configure tasks for noise reduction and so on (chunks on vinyl)...
Be sure that before recording u did the sound level right, cause "normalizing" is only for pop or radio kits, and all life (called dynamics)from your vinyl is gone away.

I prefer u buy a extra sound card (for a real PC) that do have better chipsets on it (because of analog digital transforming, not only the bitrate is important, but also, how it detects the level). Make some tests before. Normally the audio recording sw has recording options like "sound format", for e.g. pcm is not usefull for audio, it is only itended for speach recording and so on. (google for other details)....

yours vnvrum

ps: sorry for my bad english (but good german)

nausearockpig

hi, I'm not sure but I think there's a piece of software in this package that may help when recording something from a Line In..

http://www.nch.com.au/switch/

it's free, by the way..

bluewater

You have VCR (out) and COM/Tape (out) for connecting to a computer soundcard line-in. The
weakest link then is probably your laptop´s soundcard.

You may also need to set the recording source to Phono from your receiver.

bluewater
Life's too short to listen to lossy music