Hi, there!

Started by revolt_again, March 12, 2014, 15:53:50

Previous topic - Next topic

revolt_again

Hi, there! I used to participate here a few years ago (2008), under the name 'revolt'. I tried to login with that name, but since I could not by any means remember the password I decided to register with a different user name. Anyhow, it's nice to be here again, even though I have no idea if it will last (I have a feeling that here at my work the access to this site will probably be blocked soon).

I've already taken a look at a few recent messages and it seems that this forum is not so popular anymore (too few people posting messages). Maybe with a new Cure album coming out this year that thing might change...

Ulrich

Hi & welcome back!

Many forums are dying a slow death because people tend to spend most time with Facebook etc.
But well done with your posts these days, keeping it alive here! :)
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

revolt_again

Quote from: Ulrich on March 13, 2014, 17:14:50
Hi & welcome back!

Many forums are dying a slow death because people tend to spend most time with Facebook etc.
But well done with your posts these days, keeping it alive here! :)

Hey, thanks! I remember talking with quite a few people here back in 2008, though I had already forgotten most if not all their usernames. Sadly, they don't seem to be around here anymore (or at least they don't post). What you say about Facebook is probably true, but it is also a bit depressing...

dsanchez

You had the user 'revolt' registered with the email oroboros@sapo.pt

If you still have access to this email I can send you a temporary password to access your old account.

2008 is long time ago, and many things have changed since then. Twitter and FB were not popular back then, but they're now and people in 2014 is just too lazy to comment in forums, they prefer to 'like' posts instead.

I think curefans.com is still popular (we have thousands of followers both in Twitter and FB to prove that), but as I said, the Internet is not the same as it was 6 years ago and people have other priorities.

Anyway, welcome back! :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

revolt_again

Quote from: dsanchez on March 13, 2014, 21:06:56
You had the user 'revolt' registered with the email oroboros@sapo.pt

If you still have access to this email I can send you a temporary password to access your old account.

2008 is long time ago, and many things have changed since then. Twitter and FB were not popular back then, but they're now and people in 2014 is just too lazy to comment in forums, they prefer to 'like' posts instead.

I think curefans.com is still popular (we have thousands of followers both in Twitter and FB to prove that), but as I said, the Internet is not the same as it was 6 years ago and people have other priorities.

Anyway, welcome back! :smth023

Thanks! I'm not sure if the e-mail you mention is still valid or not, I may have cancelled it... But anyway I haven't used it in years and of course I can't remember the password. But thanks for your help, anyway.

I don't think I will ever understand that culture of the 'like' and 'dislike'... It's as if it's telling you that your opinion matters but then at the same no one is interested in knowing what you really think about the post you like or dislike. And also that idea that you must react immediately - approving or disapproving - to anything that is presented to you sounds kind of alien to me... Maybe I'm old fashioned.  :smth017

Ulrich

Quote from: revolt_again on March 14, 2014, 13:24:44
I don't think I will ever understand that culture of the 'like' and 'dislike'...

Erm, there is no "dislike" function on Facebook (I'd actually "like" it if there was one, ha ha ha)...
It's this forum here which has a like/dislike thing for posts. ;)

revolt_again

Quote from: Ulrich on March 14, 2014, 17:08:11
Quote from: revolt_again on March 14, 2014, 13:24:44
I don't think I will ever understand that culture of the 'like' and 'dislike'...

Erm, there is no "dislike" function on Facebook (I'd actually "like" it if there was one, ha ha ha)...
It's this forum here which has a like/dislike thing for posts. ;)

OK, my bad there... :roll: But youtube does have a 'dislike' option, so my comment was not totally off mark. Anyway, it was a comment intended more about the general 'state of affairs' regarding technology and our reaction to it than a specific opinion about Facebook.

Ulrich

I clicked "like" for this post from you!  :lol: