It's time to be happy...!

Started by dsanchez, August 09, 2006, 15:36:31

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Because 20 years ago the best band of the world offered us one of the most amazing gigs ever.

Because The Cure never sounded so powerful, in songs like "Push", "A Night Like this" or "Play for today".

Because the venue couldn't be even more perfect.

Because you never forget the first time, and this was the first film made by our boys.

Because they made it so perfect that everything was filmed in a single day.

Happy anniversary!

:smt113

David.

pd: Tonight I am meeting with some friends in my flat for watching this amazing video. Everyone is invited 8)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

cult_hero

ok, a matter of taste.   :wink:

btw: as far as i remember some parts were filmed one day later.   ;-)

dsanchez

"The risks, of course, are many. Because of the limited budget, all the live filming had to be done on Saturday, at the concert, with close-ups following during Sunday's mock up. Rain on one or both days would have scuppered the whole thing - ?150,000 literally down the rain because they couldn't comprehend their cheapest insurance quote: ?50,000. I didn't rain until Monday."

:rocker

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

drowned

HOW significant!!
just picture this:
and amazing and historical location and at the same time the moment  to leave a deep mark in mankind?s musical contribution. THE CURE..  giving and unforgettable concert, creating a unique mixture of technology (because of the sound , lights etc.) and the history (for the architecture). well, not all the bands have that vision......

just THE CURE....

regards friends
Roger
aqui estamos los iluminados de las estrellas más bellas llamadas THE CURE..!!!!

Janko

A Strange Day

I think the solo on that song is the best moment in the band's history.
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason