released demos (new)

Started by DJscribbles, September 18, 2008, 04:54:07

Previous topic - Next topic

exploding boy

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 19, 2008, 09:55:56
Quote from: exploding boy on September 19, 2008, 05:55:28
but anyway , no have problem , but if im sharing someone song from you forum ,and no name the source , you have the scream in the sky no?
example : you the last year screming to delete a song from my blog (im take from you forum) recorded in mexico ,you rembember this?
i dont have problem to sharing music with everybody , example check my blog.

exploding boy,
i do remember various kind of issues we've had with you sometimes:

- the file had been posted here by somebody who has clearly asked everyone not to post it anywhere else by that time, but you've posted it in your blog nevertheless

- the file had been shared here in lossless (flac) and the member who posted has asked everyone not to convert to mp3s, but you have nevertheless put it in your blog in mp3s

- also, we cannot have links to blogs that share mp3s and especially not to blogs that share officially released material. so please do not advertise such blogs here. especially, sharing officially released material is not ok, everyone who calls themselves a fan should go and buy the official releases instead. it's not a question of  "i just want to share music with everybody", it's a question of respecting the band that made the music.

i'm not entirely sure what you mean by "no name sources": if you ever download something from here, you can always see which member originally posted it. i don't think that kind of source is a "no name source"(?). but perhaps i misunderstood you there.
in general i think it is good manners to credit the sources, not just grab the stuff and go. that's good manners.
there are cases when crediting the source is easy: like if someone uploads a master recording. like david said above, in cases like these demos it's more difficult because it's nobody's master copy. stuff that has been floating around for long and nobody knows where it originated. who to credit then?
(and no offense but you have also grabbed stuff from this forum and shared it on your blog and have not credited the original uploader either. like that mexico incident you mentioned if i'm not mistaken.

anyway, next time, let us credit the sources - when we can/when we know them.)

ps. and what comes to the thread here, at least i asked for the source from the original thread starter but if you see the thread above  he/she said "i swore not to tell" the source. how to know when people say that because they were really asked to say so or because they just want to cover their tracks? i'm not implying it was either way, just saying that for the rest of us it's impossible to know at that time.

good , byee
hello friens its great site

Lostflowerboy

Wow, these songs are fantastic. Getting three unreleased Cure songs on a single day - feels like christmas and having a date with Scarlett Johansson at once.

revolt

Quote from: Lostflowerboy on September 19, 2008, 18:17:14
Wow, these songs are fantastic. Getting three unreleased Cure songs on a single day - feels like christmas and having a date with Scarlett Johansson at once.

If you had a date with Scarlett on christmas day you would probably find that most places you would want to take her to would be closed...  :twisted:

Oso Blanco

Quote from: dsanchez on September 19, 2008, 02:05:17
Sorry but mp3 material is NOT allowed on Curefans.com, unless is a material shared by The Cure directly (as, for instance, "love will tear us apart" and etc..)

Maybe you can ask Robert to give us some FLAC versions of those songs? Until then I suppose that nobody should share them because they are lousy MP3 files? Yeah, better keep new songs and demos to yourselves because the FLAC nazis are on the road again.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

What the f*ck? Be happy that those tracks have surfaced at all!!!
Time is the fire in which we burn ...

japanesebaby

Quote from: Oso Blanco on September 19, 2008, 23:52:42
Sorry but mp3 material is NOT allowed on Curefans.com, unless is a material shared by The Cure directly (as, for instance, "love will tear us apart" and etc..)

Maybe you can ask Robert to give us some FLAC versions of those songs? Until then I suppose that nobody should share them because they are lousy MP3 files? Yeah, better keep new songs and demos to yourselves because the FLAC nazis are on the road again.

well oso, if you see above you should see that david edited his post and crossed out that part of his post.
you removing the line crossing out that text in your quote doesn't exactly change it and by doing so you're simply misquoting him yourself.
and since you don't even have anything else to say (about the demos themselves), i'm just wondering what the point of your post actually was (once again)?
:roll: :roll:

and sorry but to use the word "nazi" that way is just plain thoughtless and ignorant (sorry but it is). strange, do you know what that word stands for?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 20, 2008, 00:03:41
Quote from: Oso Blanco on September 19, 2008, 23:52:42

well oso, if you see above you should see that david edited his post and crossed out that part of his post.
you removing the line crossing out that text in your quote doesn't exactly change it and by doing so you're simply misquoting him yourself.
and since you don't even have anything else to say (about the demos themselves), i'm just wondering what the point of your post actually was (once again)?
:roll: :roll:

and sorry but to use the word "nazi" that way is just plain thoughtless and ignorant (sorry but it is). strange, do you know what that word stands for?

My thoughts exactly!

We have a rule against sharing lossy material unless that is the only available format.  So, until a lossless version of the tracks surface we are okay with what has been posted.

And that FLAC nazi comment...classy  :smth011

:roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

tigermilk

Quote from: revolt on September 19, 2008, 18:29:38
Quote from: Lostflowerboy on September 19, 2008, 18:17:14

If you had a date with Scarlett on christmas day you would probably find that most places you would want to take her to would be closed...  :twisted:

I'd definately learn how to cook the best home-cooked meal I could if Scarlett was coming over, and I'd light some candles to set the mood. Ahh it's nice to dream. :-D

Oso Blanco

I know, but the fact that he had written something like that in the first place says everything about what's going on here. Instead of being grateful that those tracks have been posted at all, he starts bitching about them being lossy. Am I the only one who realises how insane that is?

Those are leaked studio tracks, how can we expect them to be perfect and lossless? People who leak unreleased stuff usually don't give a f*ck if the files are lossy or not. And if all we do is complaining about MP3s, people will simply stop leaking alltogether! And I wouldn't blame them.

japanesebaby

Quote from: Oso Blanco on September 20, 2008, 08:36:16

I know, but the fact that he had written something like that in the first place says everything about what's going on here. Instead of being grateful that those tracks have been posted at all, he starts bitching about them being lossy. Am I the only one who realises how insane that is?

first you even admit that you intentionally modified someone's post in order to make it look bad - so that you can get an excuse to lash people(!).
nobody here has said they don't appreciate to hear these tracks! so sorry but we don't need you to come here and tell us we need to appreciate them. try to see this.

"if all we do is complain about mp3s" - seriously, if that is ALL that you see in this forum...! :roll:
you can only see one thing because you only choose to see one thing. that's called something like intentionally limited vision.

your only reason for coming here seems to be so that you can get an opportunity to call some people nazis, call them insane and tell how you don't give the f*ck about some principles this forum has. and you misquote posts just to make it fit your own ideas/your own purposes(!). :smth011 unfortunately we're all too familiar with this approach form you in the past, so this hardly does surprise anyone (sadly).

lastly: if you have some problem with the person who made that post (the post you felt so keen to modify to make fit to your own ranting purposes), please take it over to pms or something and please stop wasting the time of all the rest of the forum. 
this thread is for perople who want to discuss the cure, not for some personal vendettas/complaints for the complaints sake etc.
period.

:roll:

Lostflowerboy

Quote from: Oso Blanco on September 20, 2008, 08:36:16

Those are leaked studio tracks, how can we expect them to be perfect and lossless? People who leak unreleased stuff usually don't give a f*ck if the files are lossy or not. And if all we do is complaining about MP3s, people will simply stop leaking alltogether! And I wouldn't blame them.

Osi, you're so damn right.
:smth023
Some of these guys are around here really don't see the forest because of too many trees these days (like we say over here). I'd wish we could get back the good old curiosity.de days, don't you?

Lostflowerboy

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 20, 2008, 09:11:07

"if all we do is complain about mp3s" - seriously, if that is ALL that you see in this forum...! :roll:

I'm sure he also sees people stating that they can't listen to the new material without PAIN in their ears because of the sound quality.
Btw, the band should stop releasing pop songs IMMEDIATELY!

But I'm glad to see more and more users around here complain about the overall atmosphere in this forum. Back in the days people  went nuts about leaked unreleased demos, today they (or should I say 2-3 very active users here) complain about the sound quality. That's completely insane.

japanesebaby

@lostflowerboy: i find it truly odd that you cannot bear some people not agreeing with you. why is that?
what is so wrong in people writing their honest impressions? why does it insult you so much that some people don't agree with you?

band should stop releasing pop songs immediately? why? i don't understand you.

and look, nobody forces anyone to visit this forum - or any other forum either. so what's the problem here exactly? :?:

Lostflowerboy

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 20, 2008, 11:41:22
@lostflowerboy: i find it truly odd that you cannot bear some people not agreeing with you. why is that?
what is so wrong in people writing their honest impressions? why does it insult you so much that some people don't agree with you?

That's not true, dear. I'm fine with anybody liking/or disliking the material. But some of the comments on the songs are not only very harsh but also very intolerant. TO ME it's also quite obvious that in many cases these oppinions are not based on the quality of the songs by themselfes but on the mislead expectation of wishing another Disintegration. So it's not the oppinion by itself that I have my problems with, but these "wrong" expectation that they're based on.
And for the production & mp3 discussions here. Again, I'm fine with anybody disliking the production of new cure songs and on the other hand trying to keep the level of floating material high, but those minor aspects have become a sort of religion for some guys around here. I'm sick of that, that's all. So I don't even have a different oppinion concerning that sound issue, but it's so oddly overfocussed in this forum and I should be allowed to state that, don't you think?

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 20, 2008, 11:41:22
and look, nobody forces anyone to visit this forum - or any other forum either. so what's the problem here exactly? :?:

Well, that's always a solution, but actually I'm glad to finally having found a vital cure forum and will not leave it that easily just because you want me to. Maybe you are a having a problem with my oppionions instead?   

japanesebaby

Quote from: Lostflowerboy on September 20, 2008, 12:03:18
That's not true, dear. I'm fine with anybody liking/or disliking the material. But some of the comments on the songs are not only very harsh but also very intolerant. TO ME it's also quite obvious that in many cases these oppinions are not based on the quality of the songs by themselfes but on the mislead expectation of wishing another Disintegration.

ok in order to get somewhere here (instead of just going round and round): could you perhaps give some examples?
and especially, what makes you think people wish for another 'disintegration'? where is this impression of yours really based on?

from my part i can say that i truly do NOT wish another 'disintegration'. why on earth would i want another 'disintegration'? that would be going to the past whereas every artists should always look into the future. that's very clear. like said by someone else here before, the cure is such a magnificent band that we've grown to expect the best and nothing but the best from them. but "the best" does not  mean "i want another disintegration". there's a world of difference there.

and simply to say "i like the cure's old stuff more than the new" is not basis enough to say "ok this person obviously wants another disintegration". those are two different things.
but perhaps you can point out some more exact examples, to shed a light on your impression.

And for the production & mp3 discussions here. Again, I'm fine with anybody disliking the production of new cure songs and on the other hand trying to keep the level of floating material high, but those minor aspects have become a sort of religion for some guys around here. I'm sick of that, that's all. So I don't even have a different oppinion concerning that sound issue, but it's so oddly overfocussed in this forum and I should be allowed to state that, don't you think?

production is a minor aspect? not at all. good production is everything! just go ask any musician, anyone who's been in the studio and ever recorded anything. a good producer cannot turn shit to gold but a bad producer can ruin perfectly good music. the fact that a lot of people here have said that they enjoy the live versions of the new songs (=therefore they are saying that they actually DO like the new stuff) but are not perfectly happy with the studio singles speaks for itself, doesn't it? (and i think we can find lots of comments like that on this forum (and not just coming from some 2-3 people but from a broad selection of fans).

about something being "overfocused" here in general: in general, people here are welcome to discuss what they feel is necessary and important to discuss. there are no official opinions here and nobody is forced to agree with anyone. therefore i don't think we can say something is "over focused": just as long people have grounds to write their impressions and they can give some reasoning behind it, they can write it out.

Well, that's always a solution, but actually I'm glad to finally having found a vital cure forum and will not leave it that easily just because you want me to. Maybe you are a having a problem with my oppionions instead?   

sorry, i would want you to leave? :?: please, i NEVER said that! so please let's not put such words into each others mouth here ok?
that was NOT a personal comment/suggestion to anyone. i simply mean that if (and i mean if) someone feels they don't like it out here then there's nothing wrong with that and there's no reason to get one's blood pressure up because of it. and look, i was mainly referring to mr oso's kind of approach there: people coming here and intentionally misquoting someone in order to get some fuel for their ranting - what's the point of that? if you don't have anything else to say then why bother yourself with it at all? that was all i meant: if you see someone having nothing much more to say that "this place sucks!" then i think it's a natural question to think "then why come here? why not take it easy instead and do something else?". that is NOT the same as saying "we don't want you here". everybody is welcome here (OF COURSE) but we also expect people to have decent manners - which means no insulting on purpose, no lashing out, no trolling etc. :!:

i'm not sure why you think i'm being hostile towards you (just because i have a different opinion on the new releases?)?  :smth017
sorry but i almost feel like you were intentionally looking for a conflict here(?) - which i don't think is necessary at all.
i really don't think i ever posted anything like "hey your opinion sucks, you're wrong" etc. or did i? sure, i've said that i don't agree with you about this or that, but that's hardly nowhere close to the same. and what's so awful about that, about disagreeing? that's just conversation, having different opinions!
why should we all think the same??

truly, i am baffled why people feel so threatened just because there are other people in the forum with different sort of opinions.
what's there to be threatened about?

Oso Blanco

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 20, 2008, 12:30:07
truly, i am baffled why people feel so threatened just because there are other people in the forum with different sort of opinions.
what's there to be threatened about?

Maybe that's because some people around here (especially you) come across as quite intolerant when it comes to other people's opinion. You are bombarding people with xxl posts and accusations when nobody even asked for your opinion. I'm sure that SeƱor Sanchez doesn't need a spokesperson, he could have defended himself if he had wanted to.

You are attacking me as a matter of principle, no matter what I say. It seems that you only tolerate people when they agree with you. Criticism must not be tolerated, right?