2007.08.12 Melbourne - Rod Laver Arena (Australia)

Started by dsanchez, June 13, 2007, 18:54:28

Previous topic - Next topic

billee

Hmmmmm it's a bit quiet in here. Are you in hibernation saving energy for Sunday night ? :D
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

~*CherryRed*~

Quote from: LetterToSaraElise on August 04, 2007, 05:53:43
The paid shows we're going to will be longer and much better, for sure. 

Anyway, I'm here to report back on my scoping out of Rod Laver Arena.  I was there on Thursday and Friday night for Gwen Stefani.  On Thursday night, we waited for an hour after the show, on the bridge/walkway next to the cafe (to the right of the main doors when facing them from the outside).

There's the rail of the walkway, then a good 5+ metres of plants, then another big wire fence.  There was no way to get down there.  When she finally came out after an hour, she just waved and got in the car.  She couldn't have come up & signed things anyway, because of the stupid gardenbed & fences.  I can only assume that you'd need to be working on the show to get into the carpark down there.

I got Gwen's attention on Friday night by making a sign, and she took a photo with me during the show, but I didn't actually officially meet her.

So yeah, that's my news.  I'm sorry that it's not what you wanted to hear, but I think it's pretty damn difficult to meet after the shows. 

HOWEVER...
Friends of mine were hanging around the arena early in the afternoon (3pm-ish) and got to have a quick conversation with her.  The BEST way to meet them, apparently, is at the airport.  So, if you've got the time and dedication, then that would be my advice.  You'd have to be prepared to wait around all day though...

Right well that sounds all rather depressing really. I'm going to have to think of another plan... I'll be buggered if I'm gonna wave at them through a fence and thats all! I'm determined to get a kiss on the cheek from Mr Smith! I'm not going to wait around at the airport either. Thats for other more dedicated people!!! I have an idea, but I'll have to wait until I actually get to the Arena before I know if it will work or not! I saw the post on the singapore bit about the setlist... some excellent stuff is in that line-up!! I'm so excited!!!! I have yet to check out the Perth and Adeliade bits to see if they have listed the setlist's there!...

Cheers very much to you SaraElise for your efforts in the reconnaissance side of things - very greatly appreciated! (And getting a photo with Gwen was pretty good too!)

Billee - I would imagine they will arrive at the Tullamarine domestic terminal on Sunday. As I'm guesing they will have loads of interviews to do with triple J and the like, whilst in Sydney. Thats my guess anyway!

I'm still keen to meet with some of you Cure-ies!! So in good faith I post my mobile number here for any of you lot to take down if you like. It's 0439 331 867. I arrive in Melbourne around 11am, and I will be heading straight for the hotel to book in... then I plan to head to Rod Laver Arena to check it out (re: my plan to get backstage). Depending on what I find there, I may have to stay and queue as I want to get close to the stage, so a sit in may be required!! If its not looking busy, I may head to a Pub somewhere! I'm not sure really! Anyway, You all are more than welcome to call me (I just hope I have the phone on is all!! I'm notoriuosly bad at answering it too!) and we can try and meet up! if it doesn't happen, it's not 'the end of the world'!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"prone to flights of whimsy"

kissingcrimson

Thank you so much for the info Sara Elise! Wow, looks like meeting them shall be a difficult task..but who knows, chance may be on our side..haha
Cherry red, I'll be waiting in line too, I think we're at the same gate. I'm not sure what time I'll be there, but I'll try get in earlier...maybe we'll be able to hear the soundcheck from outside..
'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

~*CherryRed*~

Quote from: kissingcrimson on August 07, 2007, 01:18:12
Thank you so much for the info Sara Elise! Wow, looks like meeting them shall be a difficult task..but who knows, chance may be on our side..haha
Cherry red, I'll be waiting in line too, I think we're at the same gate. I'm not sure what time I'll be there, but I'll try get in earlier...maybe we'll be able to hear the soundcheck from outside..

Yeah, thats right your at gate 15 too aren't you!? Well grab my mobile number if you like, and give me a ring... maybe we could queue together... are you going it alone like me, or do you have mates going with you? I wish wish wish I had an ipod... would make the wait so much better! I will have my walk-a-man however (bloddy bulky thing that it is!) Just hope my bag can carry everything I need to take - camera, make-up, walk-a-man, jacket, pen for autographs, money and room to store the tour t-shirts and programme... etc etc... You know what? I'm blimmin' 33 years old, and this concert is making me feel like I'm a teenager again! I'm so excited!!! :-D

dsanchez

Hi girls

Dont forget to take a lot of pictures!...and upload it to the Curefans.com Gallery!

Besides one (which we took from other site), there're not pictures from the Australian tour so far, unfortunately  :cry:

Thanks a lot

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

bomber2007

I have FOR SALE 2 tickets for MELBOURNE.
SECTION 19 - ROW L (both seats are next to each other).
If interested please email me, postage is probably out of the question as tomorrow is Friday, I'm happy to meet anyone at Rod Laver Arena to exhange the tickets.
Great seats, I'm getting rid of these 2 tickets as the ones I already have are just a little bit better.
email :
bomber2007@optusnet.com.au

billee

:D Hi Cherry what time do you think you'll be getting to the venue? Am hoping to get there 2-3 pm

kissingcrimson

Hi Lee Anne come by the queue at gate 15 and say hello when you arrive :)!!!

billee

Will do  are you still wearing your lippy shirt?

~*CherryRed*~

kissingcrimson and billee... (and anyone else to for that matter!!)
I'll be getting into Melb. around lunchtime and after I've checked into the hotel I will head for Rod Laver, so I should be there around 1ish.. I'll be waiting around the gate 15 area (as kissingcrimson knows.. because she'll be waiting there too!) I'll be the one with the leopard pattern/print in her hair! So you guys should be able to pick me out of the crowd :!:... unless there are other poeple there with leopard patter/print too :shock:!!! I intend to take a few pictures also people, so be prepared! I 'have' to do a myspace BLOG on the gig :roll:!!! And add to the gallery as dsanchez requested! You've got my mobile number ladies, and I have yours as well, so we should be able to find each other! Oh the joy! I can't wait!! I've been scrutinising the previous gigs setlists too, and am happy to see alot of stuff of the Kiss Me LP! But no Icing Sugar if I remember correctly! Maybe we'll get it??? See you soon! :smth023

bomber2007... Good Luck with off loading your spare tickets! If I knew anyone that wanted them I would've told them, but alas, I am a lone Cure fan in my circle of people! :( Oh hang on, there may be someone... I'll let them know mate!

Sussex

Enjoy the show you guys...cant wait for the pic to be published... :rocker
"Thick As Shit"

kissingcrimson

AWESOME!!! Leopard print hair!! and yes Billee, i'll be wearing the KMKMKM LP t shirt with Bob's lips on the front ;). Us girls will be the ones singing and dancing..(from what i've read the other crowds have been a bit lazy). Oh and I don't think I've recorded your mobile number Billee could you please let me know. Cherry, I'm going to try take a camera too.....maybe we can post some mug shots of some of the community members haha

kissingcrimson

Thankyou Sussex!!!! We''ll be thinking of all of you when we're there!

Sussex

Quote from: kissingcrimson on August 10, 2007, 06:32:27
Thankyou Sussex!!!! We''ll be thinking of all of you when we're there!

Im so jealous right now...  :(
wonder if i could join you all over there..wearing lipstick, eyeliner, cure shirt and all that...hmmmmmm.. ;)

Take care you guys... :rocker
"Thick As Shit"

billee

Ok Big group hug for everyone in curefans land. I am soooo excited will be thinking of you all around the world on Sunday. I been waiting so long for this chance to see the band. 27 years is a long long time but I never gave up hope.