Equipment to tape a concert

Started by dsanchez, March 05, 2007, 16:44:18

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

Quote from: j on August 14, 2007, 18:12:34
Sort of related here....now that I have 2 complete rigs, I will be introducing my 12 year old son (he's 12 today!) to the fine art of stealth taping.  I'm taking him to see Interpol in Philly and he asked if he could tape them.

:smth023

Happy Birthday to your son!  And enjoy Interpol.

j

Thanks.  He's pissed at me today because I am making him go to his ice hockey practice tonight.  Get over it, punk!

lostflower4

Happy birthday, ?.D. - the world's youngest taper. :lol:

j

His name is Gage.  Look for the GD version of Interpol 15 Sep 07 Upper Darby, PA :smth023

psychophysio

Quote from: j on August 14, 2007, 21:47:52
His name is Gage.  Look for the GD version of Interpol 15 Sep 07 Upper Darby, PA :smth023
That is really cool! Enjoy the show

Tof

Quote from: lostflower4 on August 14, 2007, 16:12:47
Quote from: j on August 09, 2007, 12:16:14
Yup.  HD is the way to go.  I use a Microtrack which records to Compact Flash cards.  Up until recently, I have recorded on a 2 gb card, using a 1 gb as a back up.  The 2 gb gives you right around 3 hours of recording time at 16/44.1.  The MT also only has the capability to make a 2 gb file, so once the file hits 2 gb, it stops recording for 5 +/- seconds then starts recording again.  That is part of the reason I only used a 2 gb card.  So, I would always record the main set on the 2gb, then swap out for the 1 gb for the encores.

This is why I love the Edirol R-09 so much. Even though it's not documented yet, it can support 8 GB SD cards. This way you can record in 24-bit/48 kHz mode and not even think twice about it. That's still about 8 hours of recording time, by the way.

While the file size is limited to 2 GB, it simply starts a new file when the limit is reached â€" and there is absolutely NO interruption!

And finally, if you use rechargeable AA NiMH batteries, they last for 7-8 hours. So assuming you have your levels right, you could just let the damn thing run all day without even taking it out of your pocket! :rocker

Do you need a microphone for the R-09 or the one is in is enough ???

What is the best price for the R-09 ???

What is the size of the R-09 ???

Does someone want to buy or exchange my MD MZ-RH910 + ECM 719 ???

Tof

Tof

Is it possible to have pictures of your equipment ???

I'm not familiar with this  :lol:
Tof

lostflower4

Quote from: Tof on August 31, 2007, 11:38:29

This is eerie. I was just holding my Edirol in my palm, thinking I need to take a picture of it someday. I have it "disguised" a bit to look less like a recorder, and lots of people ask me about it.

I'll try to do that soon...

Despite what the product description says, the Edirol's built-in mics suck. They're not meant for recording loud music. :!:

The Edirol is very small. It literally does fit in the palm of your hand.

This is the best deal I've seen on these. I got one from these guys, and they're legit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Edirol-Roland-R-09-Wave-MP3-Recorder-100-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ250160174556QQihZ015QQcategoryZ41784QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You can find similar deals from a few other sellers, but I can't attest to their reliability.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Tof on August 31, 2007, 11:36:20

Does someone want to buy or exchange my MD MZ-RH910 + ECM 719 ???

Try selling your gear on taperssection.com in the "Yard Sale" section.

http://taperssection.com/index.php?board=7.0   

japanesebaby

Quote from: lostflower4 on August 31, 2007, 11:53:25
Quote from: Tof on August 31, 2007, 11:38:29

This is eerie. I was just holding my Edirol in my palm, thinking I need to take a picture of it someday. I have it "disguised" a bit to look less like a recorder, and lots of people ask me about it.

I'll try to do that soon...

Despite what the product description says, the Edirol's built-in mics suck. They're not meant for recording loud music. :!:

The Edirol is very small. It literally does fit in the palm of your hand.

This is the best deal I've seen on these. I got one from these guys, and they're legit.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Edirol-Roland-R-09-Wave-MP3-Recorder-100-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ250160174556QQihZ015QQcategoryZ41784QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

You can find similar deals from a few other sellers, but I can't attest to their reliability.

that's surely a nice link but this sucks:

Paypal is only accepted from US members with confirmed ship to addresses.
Non-US residents must pay with international money order in USD or transfers - actual shipping charges apply - you can contact me through e-mail only for a shipping quote.

money orders outside EU can be a pain and end up costing you a lot of money in the end. the same goes with bank transfers outside EU: better check the fees they are going to charge you first or you might be up for some nice surprise. :!:
i've ended up paying more fees than what the item was worth. the ratio is not likely to be the same here, but it can seriously pump up the total price you're paying. due to this, i tend to skip every non-EU seller who don't take paypal.
besides, i don't even get it why some of them say they can't take paypal outside US - because it really should make no difference...  :roll:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Tof

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 31, 2007, 12:04:42
Paypal is only accepted from US members with confirmed ship to addresses.
Non-US residents must pay with international money order in USD or transfers - actual shipping charges apply - you can contact me through e-mail only for a shipping quote.

money orders outside EU can be a pain and end up costing you a lot of money in the end. the same goes with bank transfers outside EU: better check the fees they are going to charge you first or you might be up for some nice surprise. :!:
i've ended up paying more fees than what the item was worth. the ratio is not likely to be the same here, but it can seriously pump up the total price you're paying. due to this, i tend to skip every non-EU seller who don't take paypal.
besides, i don't even get it why some of them say they can't take paypal outside US - because it really should make no difference...  :roll:

Perhaps Caley can buy it for me ???  :lol:

and send me after  :oops:
Tof

Tof

But I want to sell my MD before, I want to keep my money for February !!!
Tof

lostflower4

Yeah, I don't get why they're so afraid to take PayPal from other countries. I guess they're afraid of people stealing identities and having things sent to a different address? Who knows. :roll:

@Tof: It would be no problem for me to get one and re-send it to you, if you could get me back for the total cost. I accept PayPal from non-U.S. members. ;)

Tof

Quote from: lostflower4 on August 31, 2007, 12:19:10
Yeah, I don't get why they're so afraid to take PayPal from other countries. I guess they're afraid of people stealing identities and having things sent to a different address? Who knows. :roll:

@Tof: It would be no problem for me to get one and re-send it to you, if you could get me back for the total cost. I accept PayPal from non-U.S. members. ;)

If I can sold my MD there's no problem Caley !!!

How much can I sell my MZ-RH910 + ECM 910 + 5 MD 80 min + 1 MD 74 min + 1 MD 1 Go ???

Tof

lostflower4

Quote from: Tof on August 31, 2007, 12:26:37
How much can I sell my MZ-RH910 + ECM 910 + 5 MD 80 min + 1 MD 74 min + 1 MD 1 Go ???

No clue.

How much did you pay for it? Was it new?