Out of the two 1992 shows

Started by Curetastraphy, December 19, 2005, 22:50:48

Previous topic - Next topic

Curetastraphy

Which show do you think is better

May 3,Killburns National Hall(XFm broadcast)

or

Nov 30,Olympia Grand Hall

lostflower4

Kilburn XFM broadcast. One of the best recordings ever! :-D Quite rare too. Most people have the sh*tty bootleg versions. :(

As far as the performance itself, I'd say the Olympia show has a more interesting set list.

Both are great shows. Is there a reason you ask? :?

nausearockpig

03 may 92 -  that's the Dreams come true in 92 boot isn't it?

J

lostflower4

Yeah...

It sounds like butt though when you compare it to the XFM broadcast. 8)
That's really got to be one of the next shows I do, unless Curetastraphy has something up his sleeve. :-)

nausearockpig

i recall seeing it [03-may] available on CF recently but didn't bother as i thought the boot was the best. are you saying that there's a better version around?

J

lostflower4

What did you see available?

And Dreams Come True in '92, At the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, and the seemingly dozen others... They're ok, certainly better than a lot of boots, but the XFM broadcast is superior. It's complete with absolutely no cuts, speed problems, or distortion. Perfect! :smt020

Tristan Berlin

I prefer the Olympia-Show. It?s a better setlist und a late wishtour-show, so i think they were more experienced. Okay, the quality of the Killburn-Show is better but anyway....think about "the drowning man" from November 30th 1992....woahhh!!!!  :D

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4Yeah...

It sounds like butt though when you compare it to the XFM broadcast. 8)
That's really got to be one of the next shows I do, unless Curetastraphy has something up his sleeve. :-)

well, what are you waiting for :-D

-brian

lostflower4

crowbi_wan

lostflower4

This is f*cking bullshit. Obviously you can tell how I feel now. I'll give you a little inside about what's been going on with me and hosting lately. It seems my ISP has downgraded its service so that my upload has come to a crawl at almost all hours of the day. So uploading FLAC is pretty much hopeless unless I want to devote my entire connection to it for days on end just for one lousy show.

So... I sent some extra shows to a trader friend of mine and he told me "no problem" to upload them with his ridiculously fast connection. I've known this guy for a while, and he's not trying to rip me off, but he's just really damn lazy or something. He "promised" me that London '92 XFM, among a few other things, was going up "for sure" last night. Well, it's obvious that he went to bed and it never happened.

I really hate relying on others for things like this, but sometimes you have no choice. I can't wait to hear what he has to say, but I'm sure it will be some lame excuse. This stuff will be up in time, but it should have been already. Very sorry to get anyone's hopes up. :oops:

Curetastraphy