Robert's ill health??

Started by joanie, February 01, 2006, 02:14:15

Previous topic - Next topic

joanie

:roll: Just read on the C.O.flowers site that there's an article in a French mag (Rock and Soul) by a photographer friend of Robert's.  He works for Melody Maker and has known The Cure since 82 and says he's still in touch with them...What worries me is that he is saying Robert has health problems and is losing his hair, and that the way he looks makes him sad!  Does anyone have this article or know what health problems Robert has? I'm so worried now! :(
It is better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!

Tof

I have this article !!

He said that Robert as some health problems ( he say nothing about that )

but he don't have hair problems !!

He make a comparison !!!

He said that Robert bloated as other lose his hair !

Tof

Plainsong

I see these rumors everything in the last few days based on that magazine quote! It is a little scary but still only rumors...of course I hope that Robert is well!
I did find that quote a little funny since Robert looked better and more fit in the photos taken by that photographer last year than he had in a while. And although he looks a little puffy in pictures, in person in 2004 I thought he looked very normal...the camera is not always kind to any of us!
But yes...be well Rob and be safe...

monghi

i never said i would stay to the end

joanie

:[ Thanks soo much for clearing that up...I've been soooo sad.  You guys have really cheered me up, now that I know he's ok and it's not as bad as it sounds!
TAKE CARE ROBERT!!
:lol:
It is better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not!

lostflower4

I heard about this article a few weeks ago. I didn't post anything because I hate rumors, especially when it involves something potentially serious like this.

There may be some truth to it, though. I mean, Robert's done a lot of drugs, drank a lot of alcohol, and probably not lived the easiest life considering how hard he works sometimes. Then there's all the other problems that can come along simply by aging alone. And yes, he does seem to be puffing up quite a bit in recent years.

I'm sure we all remember the voice problems during Avenches. That was scary. There were minor traces of this in other shows as well, although nothing nearly as bad. I just hope it's nothing serious, if anything at all.

Let's wish him the best!

Minna

i've been so scared when i read this...i think is just a rumour and now seeing that the situation is cleared i'm fine.i know a long time ago he  consumed drugs and alchool but now i think he's fine.he's  looking  good for a 47 man,and i don't believe the rumour that he's  loosing hair :evil: nope!he still have an awsome hair even   it's not anymore like in the 80's...but he's continuing to be robert smith!

*take care on you robert...cause we care :-)

Cure

[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

lostflower4

Quote from: Cure on October 05, 2006, 15:47:20
Quote from: lostflower4 on February 06, 2006, 02:47:48
aging alone

??

I just meant that the simple process of getting older causes problems for everyone. Obviously Robert isn't going to be as "good-looking" as he was when he was 25...

Carnage Visor

It was as Robert feared...getting old and ill...like he has said before.  :(
I feel bad now. :cry:

rodney

Janko

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason