RS-1000: robert's new acoustic

Started by crowbi_wan, March 05, 2006, 07:11:09

Previous topic - Next topic

scatcat

thanks CureCrusader and crowbi_wan.. I'm hoping to get this guitar + I'll find out soon  and let you know!  :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Secrets

Quote from: crowbi_wan on March 22, 2006, 07:51:04
okay, i checked out some pics from '05 and see no fenders and only schecters.  however, no hellcat VI, at least that i saw.  if you look at the ultra w/ the 696 sticker, it appears to have been modified with hellcat hardware.  i'm not certain of this.  and as i don't have any vids from last tour i can't check to see what songs that guitar was used on.

here's a pic.  notice the three pickups and the toggle switces.  this is clearly a modified ultra.  i just don't know if it's modified to be a bassVI or to just have single coil pickups.  if it's a bass VI, the neck should be longer, which it doesn't appear to be.   :smt017

http://www.pbase.com/craigparker/image/50045438

There's a discussion with pics about halfway down the page. Hard to tell from the pic if the neck scale is longer to my eyes, but I'm no expert.

http://www.talkbass.com/forum/showthread.php?t=277821&page=3

scatcat

well, I love the acoustic one, although I know he plays the Ultracure.. the RS-1000 is totally unavailable here downunder, so I finally found the one I want, in the US.. hopefully get it before xmas.. fingers crossed!!  :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

LuvURobert

Wow!  I love this one, too!  Unfortunately, I do not play but was trying desperately to talk my hubby into getting it!  He plays but is perfectly happy with his current acoustic.  Pity!  :lol:

I just think it's sweet being a black acoustic and I really love the inlays.  Way cool!!  :smth045

Scatcat... you'll have to let us know if you hook up with this one.  ;)
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

scatcat

:rocker

Okay!! word in: the RS-1000.... gorgeous! It is warm in the right places..  ;)

beautiful sounding!! I love it!!! :smth023  mmmmmm...puurrrr  :smth007

:smth035 :smth041 :smth040
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

melly

Hey scatcat!! Shame you weren't in Adelaide...there was a gathering of 1,300 people, all with guitars..trying to beat the Guiness book of Records..for  playing the riff of "Smoke on the Water" all together!!Didn't quite break the record (1,700) but it sounded wicked!! Could see you there, with your new guitar.. 8)
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

scatcat

here it is... I'll try and upload pics:

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

ROGUE

I want one..... a beautiful new guitar, ahh been awhile  :smth007 That is really so stunning  :shock: Scatcat, meow ahh the vibration
I imagine how good it feels to play it. 

Ohh thats nice  :smth055   ~this pic (above) is your new guitar you mentioned a few days ago ?

Did you find RS-1000 in Australia ?

scatcat

Unfortunately no, I had to get it from the US... but now, after my enquiries here,, Billy Hydes are going to import them... retail price $1,1900.00!!  :shock: It takes 8 weeks to get them here... lucky I didn't pay that much  :smth023 

I can't stop looking at it, just to check if it is really mine!!  :rocker
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

ROGUE

Quote from: scatcat on November 26, 2007, 04:00:07
Unfortunately no, I had to get it from the US... but now, after my enquiries here,, Billy Hydes are going to import them... retail price $1,1900.00!!  :shock: It takes 8 weeks to get them here... lucky I didn't pay that much  :smth023 

I can't stop looking at it, just to check if it is really mine!!  :rocker

Yes very very nice,  :shock: WOW  :smth060 Me very jealous in a nice way  :-D Thats beautiful ahhh  :smth023  is it silver the top half, (down the sides?) and the inlay just gorgeous, i would be sleeping with it in my arms,
just to wake up and sigh, ahh then i would say "YES"!! to myself. :smth023

scatcat

hhhhhmmmmmm.. I have called him 'Robert' or.. 'Bob' ( because we are sooo intimate now....)  The 'other' guitar here is called 'Simon'... they tolerate each other's presence.. and really do like one another, but get jealous if more attention is paid to one over the other!!  :-D 'Simon' is sexy in his own right, but I can't stop touching 'Bob'..... :smth053
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

CureCrusader

here's your guitar: 'Bob' is it?
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

Carnage Visor

Woah! RAD!  :smth023

I like the head part of it...nice sleek design!

Is it really named after him? That's cute!  :)

melly

Quote from: Carnage Visor on March 06, 2008, 05:21:13
Woah! RAD!  :smth023

I like the head part of it...nice sleek design!

Is it really named after him? That's cute!  :)

ummm..CV... it's what scatcat calls her guitar..."Bob"... I doubt if Robert named a guitar after himself that it would be "Bob"!!!! :shock: :-D
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

closedown

scatcat  :smth023  - looks really nice, hopefully it sounds as good (haven't heard the Schecter acoustics myself so far).

on a sidenote (unrelated to the RS-1000), have never found an answer anyhwere but always wondered, which guitar (brand+model) is it that Robert used for example in 1990 during the festivals ( http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYycb-p4LKU can be seen here on 10.15 but he did lots of songs on that one - was his main guitar), that one had a nice overall sound...