Robert is telling a joke

Started by Tristan Berlin, March 17, 2006, 00:32:33

Previous topic - Next topic

Tristan Berlin

Hi guys and girls.  :D

On the Lievin-Bootleg  (1992) Robert is telling a joke before a song. I don't know really which song it was. I tried hard to understand it but it was impossible for me.  :oops:

Does anybody know what I mean and can you help me?
Thank you.

Cheers, Tr#  :D

Curetastraphy

Its after lovesong and this is the joke "A man walks into a pet store and the man asks him if he would fancy a dog as a pet and the other guy says he doesn?t fancy a dog as a pet, and the man says would you fancy a cat as a pet and the guy says i don?t fancy a cat as a pet the man asks him would you like a ? the man sais no I don't fancy a bird so the owner asks what would he fancy as a pet and the guy says a wasp. but we don?t have wasps as pet and the guy says but you had one on the window last week... On the bootleg this is gonna sound hilaaaaaarious... this is called lovesong"

Steve

I like the joke from Crystal Palace....
A cheese & tomato sandwich walks into a bar and orders a drink.
The barman says, "sorry, we don't serve food in here".
:lol:
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

Dillinger

haha, i want to hear these cheesy jokes

rjl

I love the one about a new album in April 2006! The one about the solo album would get me every time as well!  :smth001

Just kidding, seriously.

I'm trying to think of other jokes...

I remember a Cranes show where Alison told a stupid joke:

"What did the fish say when he swam into a wall?"

"Dam(n)!"

ROGUE

I know, old topic...

But i think it gorgeous.  :smth006  I luv Roberts sense of humour, that how in interveiws he often
makes jokes, makes it more personal.

Its like he see's someone that he wants to make smile- like  interveiw on 'Bank? &Jones' (i think got the name right-on youtube)
he gets the guy from behind the camera and starts chatting to him, made everyone laugh and
comfortable.  Great quality to have.

japanesebaby

Quote from: Curetastraphy on March 24, 2006, 04:21:09
Its after lovesong and this is the joke "A man walks into a pet store and the man asks him if he would fancy a dog as a pet and the other guy says he doesn?t fancy a dog as a pet, and the man says would you fancy a cat as a pet and the guy says i don?t fancy a cat as a pet the man asks him would you like a ? the man sais no I don't fancy a bird so the owner asks what would he fancy as a pet and the guy says a wasp. but we don?t have wasps as pet and the guy says but you had one on the window last week... On the bootleg this is gonna sound hilaaaaaarious... this is called lovesong"

btw i've always found it so silly how the audience goes all WHOOOAAAAAAH!! when robert says the word 'cat' there, while teslling that pet shop joke on lievin.
i just never understood that bloody cat fetish that every curefan and their dog is/was supposed to have, i just never did. honestly, it's like pavlov's dogs (people reacting to the situation without ciritcal thinking...): "cats - oooh".

(a long ago i remember this topic on one cure forum where someone was asking people to name their favorite animal from the cure lyrics. just guess if everyone was shouting cat cat cat cat cat! i mean, where's everyone's imagination...!)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Plainsong

I like the one he told about how does Bob Marley like his doughnuts? With jam in!

cooky

the joke about the wasp was also told in birmingham nec 92 dont know which song tho