Your favorite cover done by The Cure

Started by Cure Freak, September 16, 2007, 01:54:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Cure Freak

Quote from: Steve on September 17, 2007, 13:13:02

No needs to aplogize. I'm not. And I respect  your opinion, as wellm\, as the others.
I forgot to mentio YA, as another one, I've heard.  Not really crazy about that one.

Come to think of it, the original's a load of rubbish too :lol:
LOL!

ROGUE

:smth001 HELLO I LOVE YOU ~ Yes love it when Robert sings that song.

B.DEE

One of the most obscure, but I think one of the best, especially if you actually hear [and compare it to] the original ... "Pirate Ships".
Very nice.
(if you've never heard the original, it's available on i-Tunes ... search "Wendy Waldman")
Constantly talking is not necessarily communicating.

Cure Freak

Quote from: B.DEE on September 18, 2007, 01:03:36
One of the most obscure, but I think one of the best, especially if you actually hear [and compare it to] the original ... "Pirate Ships".
Very nice.
(if you've never heard the original, it's available on i-Tunes ... search "Wendy Waldman")
No, never heard the song done by either.,Shall check it out. Thanks. :smth001

Bloodflower

Ah! I forgot Pirate Ships! That's my favourite cover, then. Hello I Love You (Psychedelic Version) is second.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

billee

I actually like their cover of Depeche Mode   World In My Eyes :eek:
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control

j

Didn't The Cure cover Lovesong by 311? :shock:

When 311 first covered that song, my son heard the original verison and asked why The Cure was singing a 311 song!

crowbi_wan

Has anyone ever noticed the bass line Simon plays in Purple Haze is the same as that in Michael Jackson's Thriller?  Not sure if it's the same key, but I swear the rhythm and intervals are the same.     

closedown

Quote from: Cure Freak on September 16, 2007, 01:54:01
Mine is Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart

my fave is Pirate Ships + almost the only cover I really like (Hello I Love You is okay as well), horrible is Robert's take on World In My Eyes and the worst of all is Love Will Tear Us Apart - that one is total blasphemy!!! Poor Ian, you haven't deserved it, your song to be murdered that way (if one loves to hear an excellent cover of said song, listen to the version of The Diary [Anything Box sideproject]) - I still get sick when I have to listen to The Cure's version with that useless tambourine chick... (to be fair though, as said, it was a poll on an Australian radiostation - though Robert said he liked the idea to pay tribute (to me it sounds more pay f*#* off...))

Cure Freak

Quote from: closedown on September 18, 2007, 22:55:55
Quote from: Cure Freak on September 16, 2007, 01:54:01
Mine is Joy Division's Love Will Tear Us Apart

my fave is Pirate Ships + almost the only cover I really like (Hello I Love You is okay as well), horrible is Robert's take on World In My Eyes and the worst of all is Love Will Tear Us Apart - that one is total blasphemy!!! Poor Ian, you haven't deserved it, your song to be murdered that way (if one loves to hear an excellent cover of said song, listen to the version of The Diary [Anything Box sideproject]) - I still get sick when I have to listen to The Cure's version with that useless tambourine chick... (to be fair though, as said, it was a poll on an Australian radiostation - though Robert said he liked the idea to pay tribute (to me it sounds more pay f*#* off...))
Actually, I did change my mind. I guess, I have so much love for Ians one, that I picked it. And, if you read, I haven't listen to every cover. To be honest, I do think I prefer Purple Haze. It's a great song to pump up , when on the road.

Sussex

Quote from: ROGUE on September 17, 2007, 13:27:15

:smth001 HELLO I LOVE YOU ~ Yes love it when Robert sings that song.

:smth023..simply because The Doors is my 2nd fav band!
"Thick As Shit"

Cure Freak

Quote from: Steve on September 17, 2007, 13:13:02
No needs to aplogize. I'm not. And I respect  your opinion, as wellm\, as the others.
I forgot to mentio YA, as another one, I've heard.  Not really crazy about that one.

Come to think of it, the original's a load of rubbish too :lol:

It's not one of their best songs. There were far more moving songs, such as Isolation and The Eternal, just to name a few. Closer was their best album, in my opinion. The songs were far more depressing and tragic.

japanesebaby

...so thank god the cure hasn't covered the eternal.

by the way, talking about JD, anybody seen this already?:

http://www.curefans.com/index.php/topic,3957.new.html
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

cesar_cure

Hi! My favourite cure cover is Purple haze, then Love will tear us apart.

Ciao!
i thought that you need me more more more...

Carnage Visor

I don't really like the Purple Haze cover, it doesn't sound like the usual "Cure" (I know Robert hates when fans say that...but in this case and in "Club America"s case it's true) and it had a kind of ugly sound to it...not very catchy.

They should have stayed with the way it originally sounded rather than getting all Nine Inch Nails with it...(That's my opinion, no fighting!!!)