best Curiosa recording

Started by rodney, May 23, 2008, 03:24:43

Previous topic - Next topic

rodney

Wondering what some think the best circulating recording is for the Curiosa tour?  I'm thinking in terms of song selection and recording quality.

I've got some ideas on other tours, but not so much on this one.  Thoughts?

Plainsong

Cuyahoga Falls, Phoenix, and Everett are all great as far as the setlists go. And any two back-to-back shows are going to have fairly different setlists (Nashville and Atlanta for example had a lot of different songs each night) if you just want to get a couple of shows.

japanesebaby

Quote from: Plainsong on May 23, 2008, 05:32:13
Cuyahoga Falls, Phoenix, and Everett are all great as far as the setlists go. And any two back-to-back shows are going to have fairly different setlists (Nashville and Atlanta for example had a lot of different songs each night) if you just want to get a couple of shows.

aside from phoenix, it depends on which versions you are talking about there.
imo people should add version info when recommending some gigs - otherwise it can be a bit like advicing someone how to go to the nearest bus stop when he wanted to know how to get directly to the airport.

(besides, technically everett wasn't part of the curiosa tour: curiosa tour ended in sacramento in august 29th, everett gig opened 'the evening with the cure' tour. the difference is that 'the evening' gigs are longer, as they weren't festival gigs - that's why everett had 5 encore sets etc.)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

rodney

I was at the Cincinnati show, which was a fairly standard pop set.  We considered driving up to Cuyahoga Falls and decided against it.  Imagine when I saw that the set was almost completely different!   :smth011

I didn't know that a decent recording of Cuyahoga existed though.

Plainsong

Yeah, I'm never sure how to classify Everett but the setlist was awesome, no matter what, right?
I don't collect different versions of individual shows and haven't listened to some of these in a while, so I can't give advice as to quality. That's why I recommended shows based on what setlists I liked.

mint car

I think that Toronto is great recording  :smth023
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

rodney

I do have the Phoenix show, and will be listening tomorrow on a car trip!

rodney

Phoenix is a top notch, primo recording.  Great sound and a setlist that any fan would be pleased with.  A good choice.

Toronto is the only circulating SBD from this tour, correct?