New Album Name!!!

Started by pussycat, August 22, 2008, 03:19:22

Previous topic - Next topic

pussycat

4:13 Dream! I hope Robert was joking about the "we think" part!

4.13 DREAM

8/21/2008 4:20:13 PM - by CURE:ROBERT
Summary: THE NEW ALBUM IS CALLED 4.13 DREAM

AND IT WILL BE RELEASED ON OCTOBER 13TH... WE THINK! »

Bloodflower

*Sigh*

A truly awful title.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

maluflower

I was getting used to the Dream 13 title, quite liked it too. But the important thing is that it is finally going to be released in October... hopefully. :roll: :-D

crowbi_wan

Glad to know I'm not the only one who thinks that title is hideous. 

Bloodflower

Luckily, the title of a thing has little bearing on, and is little indication of, the merit of the thing itself.... For instance, My Bloody Valentine: A great group with an awful name. I still expect this will be the best Cure album in nearly two decades, but good Lord, what a terrible name....

Honestly, I'd rather they went the title track route. Underneath the Stars would be a pretty nice album title. Hell, Baby Rag Dog Book would be better than 4.13 Dream.... [Actually, Baby Rag Dog Book, both as a song and as the title of one, has really, really grown on me. I love it.] In fact, I'm going to retitle the album Underneath the Stars in iTunes when I get it.... Maybe make some new artwork, if 4.13 Dream is written too prominently....
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

Lady

I like this title: it's simple and original at the same time! :)

I must confess I'm a little sick of the albums called with the title of a song, or with strange title, where we're "forced" to search for the meaning... :-D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

[labyrinth]

!!!

:smth011

what is this? a title? a joke?
i mean, this is really bad !

by the way, music is the important thing... i hope it's better than the title. so far, i like all the new songs "released".

othervoices

4:13 would suffice.
Anyhooo... it's the music that counts. I can't wait to hear it!  :smth020

sues777

hmm...interesting... I received an email from the offical site earlier today promoting the release of The Perfect Boy (just a little late..) which included the line, "The Cure release their new (yet to be titled) album on October 11 in Australia"...
(must admit I'm really happy about the October 11th Australian release date, if that's right....)

And I really don't mind what the album's called - like everyone's already said, it's the music that matters and imho this is shaping up to be one great album.  Give me it!!...pleease.....  
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

Druide

:? :? :?

I hope that the contents will be better than the packaging !

8)
...Dancing in my pocket...

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

tigermilk

Quote from: Bloodflower on August 22, 2008, 07:09:48
For instance, My Bloody Valentine: A great group with an awful name.

I have to disagree with you on the whole MBV thing... it's great name for a band, I think at least.

But anyway, 4:13 would have been a better title. I used to like it when they had the title of the album as the title of the final song on the album. I'm thinking 'The 13th' (from WMS) would have been well suited to this album, haha. 4.13 Dream sounds silly, and it rhymes which makes it even silliar. But I guess their last album title didn't have any imagination to it at all (being self-titled), so at least this is a little more imaginative!!

japanesebaby

4:13 would have sufficed and i agree that the rhyme makes it silly.
now it kind of sounds like they couldn't decide what to call it and just ended up putting all the ingredients in the soup.
anyway i'm not bothered by the album name/artwork at this point, it seems like a very small problem to me (if a problem at all).

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 22, 2008, 19:28:00
anyway i'm not bothered by the album name/artwork at this point, it seems like a very small problem to me (if a problem at all).

Yep, the name is the less important. Only music matters, and so far, it looks like an awesome album. Underneath the stars, A boy I never knew and The Only One are truly gorgeous.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

silversand

For me the album title isn't important. It's the content that matters - the music :)
Hope it will really released on that date. And i think that the cover art isn't the final one :)
I'm reall looking forward to it  :D