Best concerts

Started by gioez, November 03, 2005, 10:15:39

Previous topic - Next topic

gioez

I listened to many concerts and I have my idea:
the best concerts of The Cure was performed in Paris and Roma for the atmosphere, involvement of people, setlists, longer shows... and maybe the worse concerts are the english shows, especially after 1989.
Do you agree? What do you think about?
[move][b][glow=red,6,28]100 Years[/glow][/b][/move]

splitmilk34

Paris shows, in general, have the best setlists.  English shows (and American shows) have the "pop" setlist.  For example, while playing in Paris, the Cure may eschew pop songs like Friday, I'm In Love, Just Like Heaven, Inbetween Days, etc for atmospheric songs like All Cats Are Grey, Drowning Man, Siamese Twins, etc.  Whereas American/English shows, you will ALWAYS find Just Like Heaven & Inbetween Days on the setlist.  I, for one, would just like to throw those songs out, but I guess the band feels the American and English fans would rather dance around like make-up riddled maniacs, then nod their head and stare at their feet like a romantic French poet???
"... sleeping less every night"

alexvdb

Hi,

I'm not agre with you about the English show. Take a care on the four show at London from the Wish tour ... And also the three concert from the top tour at the Hammersmith. This concert are, for me, fabulous.

I think a show depends more town or room for the concert than country in globallity. A show depends also period. I think the last five years (1999-2004) are the minus years than before 1999 or now (2005).

But, it's true a few of concerts at London are very poor. But, some concert in France are also very poor.

@+, Alex

yrbadrenau

i know that for a lot of fans,and critics, the show from 81 and 82 are bad.but for me they have something...magic or,i don't know,athmosphere full of tension,danger,purity,innocence,hate sometimes... the 81 are amazing for me.the edimburg one (in may the 16th) is really unique.and at these time cure was a trio, a real power trio.it is like the contrary of,for example, the Color Line Arena Show in 2002 (hamboug),which is kind of perfection technicaly speaking(the kiss,a night like this... amazing).but the emotion they were able to transmit in 81 and 82 to those who were able to... listen and feel, was unbelievable.i love the Washington show too in 1984(it was a great year too), the Entreat one is great too.
34 years old,father of two children(Alia-14 & Theo-12), curefan since 1985.

yrbadrenau

i know that for a lot of fans,and critics, the show from 81 and 82 are bad.but for me they have something...magic or,i don't know,athmosphere full of tension,danger,purity,innocence,hate sometimes... the 81 are amazing for me.the edimburg one (in may the 16th) is really unique.and at these time cure was a trio, a real power trio.it is like the contrary of,for example, the Color Line Arena Show in 2002 (hamboug),which is kind of perfection technicaly speaking(the kiss,a night like this... amazing).but the emotion they were able to transmit in 81 and 82 to those who were able to... listen and feel, was unbelievable.i love the Washington show too in 1984(it was a great year too), the Entreat one is great too.
34 years old,father of two children(Alia-14 & Theo-12), curefan since 1985.

bananafish17

I think many of the 2000 shows are very very good. And I do know that I have seen them at least once here in America where they did not play "Just Like Heaven", but I forget which show it was (2000?), sorry.
and all the other voices say,
change your mind, your always wrong...

Janko

I dont know what  is your criteria?

I think Robert got it best... He published the best ones!

Just that I miss the WMS and DREAMTOUR live CD's
And I really dont know why Robert didnt make any live CD from that tours - especially DREAMTOUR...

:roll:
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Joe

So the US gets the short end of the stick then.  :(