At Night from the 17 Seconds Extra CD

Started by Purple Orchid, November 10, 2005, 23:10:54

Previous topic - Next topic

Purple Orchid

Hello everybody:
Does anyone know what's the date for At Night from The 17 Seconds extra CD? It is suggested that it is from the session of June 9 at Grand Studio RTL France, just as Final Sound, A Reflection, Play For Today & A Forest, but it is not on the setlist from www.cure-concerts.de, and yes, the overall sound is different.
It wouldn't be strange that Robert doesn't have the exact date, as 17 Seconds and In Your House are from The Milky Way december 12 1979 and the credits state January 1980. Also the live tracks from the Faith extra CD don't have exact dates and just say "somewhere", does anyone have the dates for these tracks as well?
Many thanks!
...when suddenly, behind a tree, I appear
strange mixture of the one-before-the-last wanderer
and first stowaway on the trip to Venus.
Half melon on the head and the stripes of the shirt painted on the skin,
but only you see me...

male21

I just can say exactly, that AT night was recorded in a big hall, because we can hear echo of drums. Probably All cans are grey and Funeral party were recorded in a Circus tour (echo again). Forever was recorded during America tour, cos bass line like that was only in that tour.
Good luck!.
[backwards talking starts - see below]

[voice 1 - male]: "Yeah, and bring the van..."

"Oh no, the lights [???] gone out on the truck And they took the tyres and the gas"

[keyboard starts]

[voice 1]: "They've robbed the cash register too!"

male21

I can say exactly, that at night were recorede at 5.6.1980 Bataclan, Paris, France we can hear some M notes after song.
[backwards talking starts - see below]

[voice 1 - male]: "Yeah, and bring the van..."

"Oh no, the lights [???] gone out on the truck And they took the tyres and the gas"

[keyboard starts]

[voice 1]: "They've robbed the cash register too!"

Purple Orchid

OK, going back to the Curiosity cassette dates it seems At Night is in fact from june 09 Grand Studio RTL, but it seemed strange to me that it it's not on the setlist from cure-concerts.de.
Of course these dates are not 100% reliable, because In Your House says January 15 1980, and there was no show on that date according to cure-concerts.de and it is in fact from december 12 1979. (By the way, have you noticed how this one sound A LOT better in the 17 seconds extra CD than on the Curiosity tape? This could not have been from remastering, Robert probably got another source tape (and added Seventeen Seconds), imagine the full concert with that quality!)
Drowning Man, Other Voices and Funeral party remain to determine the exact date...Drowning man might be from Sydney...and Funeral Party from the Eight appereances Tour...
Robert should definitely get some help from some of you to get all these dates right!
...when suddenly, behind a tree, I appear
strange mixture of the one-before-the-last wanderer
and first stowaway on the trip to Venus.
Half melon on the head and the stripes of the shirt painted on the skin,
but only you see me...

Curetastraphy

Forever actually was recored on 28/11/1981 at St George s Hall Bradford, England