the glove - tormented

Started by bluesky, November 26, 2005, 07:38:10

Previous topic - Next topic

bluesky

does anybody have any information on the song TORMENTED by THE GLOVE.I downloaded this instrumental off the net a while back.Is it a B-side from one of the 12 inches?

cult_hero

it was not a b-side...

like an animal:
7": mouth to mouth
12": mouth to mouth, like an animal (club? what club mix)

punish me with kisses:
7": the tightrope

bluesky

Quote from: cult_heroit was not a b-side...

like an animal:
7": mouth to mouth
12": mouth to mouth, like an animal (club? what club mix)

punish me with kisses:
7": the tightrope
thanks for the info.....

Oso Blanco

"Tormented" was available for download from Steve Severin's website a few years ago. He claimed it had been recorded during "Blue Sunshine" sessions.
Time is the fire in which we burn ...

lostflower4

Quote from: Oso Blanco"Tormented" was available for download from Steve Severin's website a few years ago. He claimed it had been recorded during "Blue Sunshine" sessions.

Interesting. I always thought it was a Severin solo project that had been mislabeled. But it really does have The Glove sound. Now I wonder if he recorded it by himself during those sessions...

But I don't think so. Listening to it again I have the feeling Robert had a hand in this. :wink:

gh0styuk

Tormented was a demo which evolved into the track 'Torment' on the Marc & The Mambas album Torment & Torreros.
Soft Cell supported the Banshees on tour in 82/83 and over a few drinks one night Marc Almond and Steve Severin thought it would be a good idea to write a track together for Marc's side project.

Rik

Stu

Maybe the remaster of Blue Sunshine will include and / or shed some light on this track. :D