2004.10.31 "MTV Icon: The Cure", MTV, UK

Started by CureWhispers, August 01, 2005, 03:55:58

Previous topic - Next topic

CureWhispers

Do any of you have or know how to obtain the part from Cure MTV Icon when Robert performs "All Of This" with Blink 182? Thanks so much!

lostflower4

I didn't even know they did "All Of This" until you mentioned it!

Sadly, there are no known audience recordings of this show. I don't know if security was really tight for the event or what.   :roll:  

It's too bad really... I guess we can only hope something will surface one of these days.   :?

Liza80

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sjU4nlfOFhE

Does anyone else remember seeing this when it was originally on? I thought it was ok except that Marilyn Manson all over Robert was a bit odd.

Take Care,

Liza

Ulrich

Well, I've never been a fan of Manson and the way he talks/behaves in this is not making things better.  :roll:
The show itself is not bad, it was (is) good to see some people (again) like Phil Thornalley or Mike Hedges!
Nice comment by Roger: "...Robert asked me to stay and he's regretted it ever since".  :lol:

I could live without hearing Blink 182 covering "Letter to Elise"...  :P
(I did like their song "All of this" feat. RS though!!)

Btw, it must quite some pressure to cover a Cure song while the band is watching on.  :o
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

MeltingMan

Quote from: Liza80 on July 07, 2015, 19:41:42
Does anyone else remember seeing this when it was originally on?
Not at all.Thanks for sharing.Was it ever on air in Europe?
I don't believe it. :o
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

Liza80

@ Melting Man. If I remember correctly, I think it was only shown on MTV in America.

Glad you enjoyed it!

Liza

Denise

I've watched that a few days ago on YouTube & I have to say that i learned things that i would have never known before. Thank god for this special! A whole show dedicated to The Cure!!

Liza80

I love this special. I always felt that Robert is so underrated as a musician and I think it's nice when folks come out and tribute him :)

Liza

maccatori

I went to this in Old Billingsgate Market in London. Weird, but good night. It was shown on MTV Europe.

dsanchez

Quote from: Liza80 on July 07, 2015, 19:41:42
Does anyone else remember seeing this when it was originally on? I thought it was ok except that Marilyn Manson all over Robert was a bit odd

The concert itself took place 17th September 2004 but the special was aired on 31st October 2004 in the UK.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/3672350.stm
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: CureWhispers on August 01, 2005, 03:55:58
Do any of you have or know how to obtain the part from Cure MTV Icon when Robert performs "All Of This" with Blink 182? Thanks so much!

this was never broadcasted and sadly there's not any known audio recording of this http://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/2004-09-17.php
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo