2009.02.26 London - O2 Arena 'The Shockwaves NME Awards Big Gig' (England)

Started by dsanchez, November 04, 2008, 11:36:36

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Venue info

Capacity: 20 000

Event info

From NME:

The Shockwaves NME Awards Big Gig 2009 takes place at the capital's O2 Arena on Friday, February 26, with The Cure promising a career-spanning headline set. Tickets for the show go on sale at 9am on Wednesday (November 5) exclusively through NME.COM and the NME ticketline - 0871 230 1094.

To check the availability of Shockwaves NME Awards Big Gig 2009 tickets and get all the latest listings, go to NME.COM/GIGS now, or call 0871 230 1094. 

More info: http://www.nme.com/news/shockwaves-nme-awards-2008-big-gig/40809

Live broadcast (info: COF)

All live broadcast cancelled

Curefans.com members going to this concert

Dillinger, othervoices, takaros72, Cure, Plainsong, M, Sullen, carliofandango, jesscat13, beau

Setlist

From COF

Underneath The Stars, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, The Perfect Boy, The End of the World, Sleep When I'm Dead, A Forest, Three Imaginary Boys, Shake Dog Shake, Maybe Someday, The Only One, Inbetween Days, Just Like Heaven, Primary, Want, The Hungry Ghost, Disintegration, One Hundred Years, It's Over.

Encore: Boys Don't Cry, Jumping Someone Else's Train, Grinding Halt, 10:15 Saturday Night, Killing An Arab.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

othervoices

crowbi_wan

Quote from: othervoices on November 04, 2008, 12:53:05
Anyone got an idea on how long the headliner gets to play?

I'm not sure how long they'll play, but would imagine it won't be the three hours we're used to for a normal Cure gig.  Maybe an hour and a half?  :smth017

Lady

Mmmm very very interesting.... :smth047

Me and disintegration are thinking about what to do... :smth090 :roll:
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

dsanchez

Maniac Street Preachers headlined the last NME festival, they played thirteen songs so I guess about one hour. I can't say how long our boys are going to play until we don't know the entire program. But I don't think they will play shorter then 90 minutes.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

Hopefully we'll have some members attending. Anyone?  Remember that tickets go on sale tomorrow at 9am. 

Strange that the other bands haven't been announced.   :smth017

seahag

does anyone know if they've only got a 30 minute slot?
in the blurb for the brixton gig robert says: "We'll play some new stuff, some old stuff and some stuff from in between, trying to distil 30 years into 30 minutes"

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

maccatori

If it sells out right away with just Cure fans, maybe they won't add many other acts, as there will be lots of other award shows. Did the tickets just go on sale for the Manics last year to begin with?

Dillinger

dsanchez

Quote from: Dillinger on November 05, 2008, 04:15:00
Last year the headliners only played for one hour  :?

Yes, I said it lines before. But I don't think The Cure will headline a show just to play one hour. Really not.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Dillinger

Well, I will try and be there. It really depends on how much tickets are and whether I can convince some friends to go with me. I wish they'd given us more notice.

Did some research, you can expect tix to be around £35-40 each so not too bad at all.

othervoices

tickets are £30 plus £4 booking fee

tixs, flights, hotel booked and prayer tour t-shirt packed!!!

I expect it will be a "pop" based show... or will RS put a subtle twist to the headline performance????  :smth023

alt.end

Quote from: dsanchez on November 04, 2008, 20:14:10
Maniac Street Preachers headlined the last NME festival, they played thirteen songs so I guess about one hour. I can't say how long our boys are going to play until we don't know the entire program. But I don't think they will play shorter then 90 minutes.

was it good? i'm still not sure about this O2 arena. How is the sound in there? i don't want to spend 30 quid and go home pissed off.

sullen

Hope its more than an hour!!!

I'm in for this one.
If anyone has any extra standing tix give me a shout.
Totally forgot about the presale this morning.