spell check..

Started by scatcat, May 09, 2008, 19:44:46

Previous topic - Next topic

scatcat

just wondering, since i have been away for awhile.. is the spell check option gone now?  :shock:

Considering i tend to post so fast and I am slightly dyslexic ( is that how u spell it..?)
I just noticed that my last post.. that spell check is not an option.
I hate to read/spell words incorrectly.. I have been truly relieved in the spellcheck option.. ( those that know.. I am a grammar O.C.D.)  :smth100
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

lostflower4

I've never noticed a spell check tool on here, but there is an automatic spell check whenever you type a message. Incorrectly spelled words are underlined in red.

No, it doesn't recognize everything, like jargon and slang terms (or British spellings :lol::lol::lol:) — but it's a nice little feature.

robiola

There was a spell-check tool.. I rather liked it -- it was the one that suggested all those wonderful alternatives for my nick -- raviola, rubella, etc. -- which is the reason that scatcat to this day occasionally calls me Raviola  :smth043
It seems to be gone though.

scatcat

Quote from: robiola on May 10, 2008, 10:27:17
There was a spell-check tool.. I rather liked it -- it was the one that suggested all those wonderful alternatives for my nick -- raviola, rubella, etc. -- which is the reason that scatcat to this day occasionally calls me Raviola  :smth043
It seems to be gone though.

hey, hey..  :lol:  i thought it was just my mind playing tricks.. but i DO remember the spell-check.. I even commented on it , and thanked the mods..  :!:

yes, Robiola.. we had such a fun time with the raviola , rubella refereneces!  :smth023

oh well, gotta pull out my old oxford now.. torture to think..   :D

here is the link regarding the discussion:

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,4410.0.html
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life