Missing the train - lost opportunities to see The Cure

Started by Oneiroman, May 02, 2021, 14:16:12

Previous topic - Next topic

SueC

Quote from: Oneiroman on May 08, 2021, 21:17:32@Ulrich So long as we don't get into a debate as to which is better - British beer or German beer?

As an independent adjudicator, I can vouch for it that both smell like they are made from the juice of the socks of a horde of soldiers who have been on a forced march for a week, in the summertime, without an opportunity to bathe.  🤢

But both are OK if you want to make Welsh Rarebit.   :yum:
SueC is time travelling

SueC

Quote from: Ulrich on May 08, 2021, 14:15:48
Quote from: SueC on May 05, 2021, 07:36:03We need to ask Ulrich to calculate the price of the average Cure ticket since the turn of the millennium in beer equivalent units (BEUs).

My expertise in beer is not questioned, but I must admit I'm still bad at mathematics... :1f629:

To get the answer, use this formula:

Ticket price in BEUs = Average price of concert ticket (for a given time period) / Average price of a specified measure of beer (for the same time period)

Rounding your answer to the nearest two decimal places is vastly sufficient.  :winking_tongue

The more complicated and subjective thing, once you have your result, is to ask yourself which you would consider a better night:  Going to see The Cure, or drinking the number of units of beer you have calculated.  :angel
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

@SueC - Sorry, I think I'll pass.

Quote from: Oneiroman on May 08, 2021, 21:17:32@Ulrich So long as we don't get into a debate as to which is better - British beer or German beer?

I like many kinds of beer! Whenever I came to England, I tried the local beer (of course), no matter what it was (bitter, lager, stout)...

With time, I learned, e.g. some friends in south London got me into "real ale" (no chemicals), which is ace! Near their house is an award-winning pub, where I spent hours with them.  :cool

Of course, there are lots of breweries in Germany who make excellent beer. :happy
I enjoyed one "Ulrichsbier" (from the "Berg Brauerei") with my brother-in-law last night.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Oneiroman

@Ulrich There are some fantastic German beers but I don't like them too cold - we're used to warm beer after all.

Ulrich

Quote from: Oneiroman on May 10, 2021, 23:36:31... I don't like them too cold - we're used to warm beer after all.

I know... which reminds me of the "Guinness extra cold" I drank in a pub at Victoria Station many years ago. One guy at the bar said "that's for the tourists".  :lol:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

SueC

Quote from: Ulrich on May 11, 2021, 09:35:55I know... which reminds me of the "Guinness extra cold" I drank in a pub at Victoria Station many years ago. One guy at the bar said "that's for the tourists".  :lol:

When I was in London, I had a hot chocolate at Shakespeare's.  And nobody looked at me funny!   :beaming-face  :yum:
SueC is time travelling

SueC

Off-topic but quick question re another train we may miss:

Steve Kilbey plays Albany

This is tomorrow night and we only just found out about it, in a 600 seater and there's probably still tickets, but at $66 a head it seems really steep to me.  Plus we have so much inertia... if it was next week, it would be more likely, but does anyone want to make a case for this?  Probably @dsanchez would think we're mad to miss it...  Would any of you go see it at that price?
SueC is time travelling