Americans give up sex for the internet

Started by dsanchez, September 20, 2007, 16:33:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Siouxsie_

ROGUE

Dont know Siouxsie, dont know,.......? Except i guess we got lots of variety, but most are the bogan type, ewwww,
Not all though, alot are very very nice. :smth023

Cure Freak

Quote from: ROGUE on September 21, 2007, 14:11:53
Dont know Siouxsie, dont know,.......? Except i guess we got lots of variety, but most are the bogan type, ewwww,

And the Crocodile Dundee strerotypes, too.
But, my guy doesn't fall into any of these caterogries. Thank God. :)

And, pff topic. Birdy is very vocal and loves attention.

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on September 21, 2007, 10:42:53
yes i'd rather spend good time on internet than be having some bad tedious sex

:smth017
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Carnage Visor

Or perhaps not EVERYONE is getting some, and therefore have nothing else to do but use the internet. I know I spend all day online...

It's fun!

I don't think the not having sex is a choice on their part, they're probably just geeks and can't get the girl!

Siouxsie_

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchez on September 22, 2007, 00:24:50
Quote from: japanesebaby on September 21, 2007, 10:42:53
yes i'd rather spend good time on internet than be having some bad tedious sex

:smth017

ok with 'good time on internet' didn't mean internet sex. i was trying to give an example of how it's not possible to rate things like this, any things. surveys like this lack perpspective because it almost seems like the starting point has to be that having sex (and obviously any kind of sex) is above all else. like it was a value as itself. whatever it was about, sex or internet or something, i just find it strange when people feel the need to rate things this way, whatever those things were. it's just like if the survey was "do you prefer to take a bus or drive by car?" - hey, it all depends where i'm going. but of course the "right" answer should be "by car" - because everyone "should" prefer driving their own car and not travelling with some public transportation. yet, if you really think about it, if you really think about which one is better, you'd notice it depends on the situation. yes one's own car is often surely comfortable, but i can think of a lot of situations where i wouldn't like to have a car with me, where it would only be dragging me down. for instance if i'd be going to somewhere that i know is going to have problem with finding parking space. or if i know i'm going to get pissed as hell - so why would i bring my car? so, it all depends on the circumstances.
sometime one is better, sometimes the other. so what i mean is that i always dislike the general idea that "yes/no" kind of surveys (whatever the survey question was), because how could actually provide any real information that's "based on facts"? because the facts change according to the circumstances. the answer's are no absolutes from which to pick the right one.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

ROGUE

I thought it referred to sex because of the heading " RE' Americans give up sex for the internet", But people are just generally more busy now days, more to do, less time, inflation, etc.

offtopic- love Byron bay, Beautiful ahhh relaxing  :D And no i dont know any guy like that from there  :D
and in Byron Bay, all everyone worries about is the next ellusive wave.

japanesebaby

Quote from: ROGUE on September 22, 2007, 10:10:51
I thought it referred to sex because of the heading " RE' Americans give up sex for the internet",

of course it was a reply to this topic but i meant when i said 'internet' i only referred to internet in general. people seem to read every word 'internet' in this thread as meaning 'internet sex'?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

ROGUE

I know- thanx,  :smth033   Just wanted to cover myself aswell,  - I suppose i like to talk and joke about sex, but doesnt mean iam a full-on pervert, Just a perve, thats all.
:lol:
Also surveys are crap- never specific enough. I guess i cant comment, iam not American.  :smth020

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: Cure Freak on September 20, 2007, 17:32:56
Is he 47 years old, a scuplturer and lives in Byron Bay, South Wales?
:D

Lol.  No.  He's 26 and lives in Sydney and he just told me we should be "just friends" cos after 6 years of online relations it looks like we'll proplaby never meet. :smth089

ROGUE

Quote from: Cure Freak on September 21, 2007, 12:42:44
Quote from: iwannashagsimon on September 21, 2007, 10:44:10
Quote from: Cure Freak on September 20, 2007, 17:32:56
My boyfriend, lives in Australia.

Whoa...this is off topic but still werid.  MY online boyfriend was from Australia too!  Gee, I hope it ain't the same guy.  If it is--I'll KILL him!
Is he 47 years old, a scuplturer and lives in Byron Bay, South Wales?
:D

wow two of you have Aussie boyfriends  :smth051  - hope you get to meet him some day :smth049 Iwannashagsimon

nausearockpig

Quote from: ROGUE on September 21, 2007, 14:11:53

I doubt too many of us here would be bogans..

ROGUE

Yes the ol' bogan is a dying bread ~ Thank God, most of them moved up the bush,  or outer suburbs like mine, unfortunately.
Glad none here  :rocker

Siouxsie_

Quote from: ROGUE on September 22, 2007, 11:15:33
Yes the ol' bogan is a dying bread ~ Thank God, most of them moved up the bush,  or outer suburbs like mine, unfortunately.
Glad none here  :rocker

Ick! Not bogans!  :x