Previous topic - Next topic

scatcat

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

zyxibule

I've got a very bad cold and I have to sit a three hour exam tomorrow. :(
<i>No one will ever take your place, so in love with you.</i>

Hero

Meh! Im trying to do some homework due in, in about 1 3/4 hours and i cant do it because i keep getting distracted. Damn the internet! Plus the book im studying is soooo dull its not even about anything, it makes me frustrated  :smth011

Carnage Visor

My gym teacher is a nazi. He orders us around and if we talk or have fun he completely snaps and talks to us as if we were retarded...

For instance, today we were all getting along and talking, joking around, comparing ourselves to celebrities (everyone was calling me Robert Smith, what flattery) and the gym teacher wanted us to get ready, so he started getting all pissed and saying stuff like:

"What's wrong, you just wanna talk? You're wasting your own time, if you want to just sit around and talk all day then waste our time...spit out your gum, what do you need gum for?" the usual...stuttering and acting as if we were doing something horrible when we really aren't.

I challenged him back by saying, "Yeah, I actually would really enjoy just sitting here talking."

To which he shouted back, "What did you say? That's one cue. Why don't we all just sit around and talk then? Instead of getting started, because it seems like that's all you want to do is disrupt the class," in his obnoxious voice, and...ugh...you'll never understand. He thinks we're all idiots, and treats us like babies.

He has this obnoxious chicago accent and is a total jock, he has no sense of humor or personality, and he always talks in this smart-ass manner to us...like, "Oh, so you have a headache, do you want me to stop the world for you?"

I just hate him to hell...but hell would spit him back out. It's a wonder he hasn't been fired.

psichonaut

this morning i touched someting i don't know in my PC settings and my connection failed
it took 3 hours and a complete reinstallation......awful
Thanks my Lord....i'm unbeliever

melly

We, in Australia, have an election coming up for Prime Minister...the "leader" of the country. Wherever you look, there are candidates for every freaking suburb spouting their shit left, right and centre.. THEN there are the ones who want to lead the country.. smiling faces, kissing babies, patting old ladies on the hand..all their promises tied up with lies...GgGRRrrRRRRrr :smth012 :smth013
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

psichonaut

i thought that in other countryes politics were different :smth011

melly

Quote from: psichonaut on November 15, 2007, 01:19:21
Well, I'm unsure how they are in your country, but here, because there is an election coming up, the two primary candidates for Prime Minister are promising so much, you know, extra funding for hospitals, schools,global warming, drought relief etc.etc.  It's all a load of crap, they lie through their teeth. And we have all this until the 26th. of November... -banging...head...on...keyboard...-
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

scatcat

melly.. love your changing avatar! or is it just in my own mind..??  :smth100

Politics, shmolitics.. all the same, different countries, different masks..
at least the current leadership isn't imprisoning the 'oppostion' in jail.. like what is happening in other parts of the world.. Imran Khan. etc..!  :smth011

I am quite literally sick of the politics here too..   :shock:

they lie, squander, decieve, dribble sh##t just .like any other country's leaders.
sick of the advertising blitz.. waste of money.. better put towards education and health, alternative renewable energy resources.. teachers, nurses.. that's what we need.

I think I just saved a few million dollars!!  :smth023 haha   ;)

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

psichonaut

Quote from: melly on November 15, 2007, 07:29:25
Well, I'm unsure how they are in your country, but here, because there is an election coming up, the two primary candidates for Prime Minister are promising so much, you know, extra funding for hospitals, schools,global warming, drought relief etc.etc.  It's all a load of crap, they lie through their teeth. And we have all this until the 26th. of November... -banging...head...on...keyboard...-
the same things here.....the last year before the election they made everything they can, they promise the "world" and from the day after the election all returns in a blank "status quo" (i hope you understand what i mean) and all they can do is ask more money for governative dutyes

melly

Quote from: psichonaut on November 15, 2007, 18:19:59
Quote from: melly on November 15, 2007, 07:29:25
the same things here.....the last year before the election they made everything they can, they promise the "world" and from the day after the election all returns in a blank "status quo" (i hope you understand what i mean) and all they can do is ask more money for governative dutyes

Ohhh yes, I know EXACTLY what you mean.... same happens here.. promises are broken without a second thought..some may come to fruition, but most are put on the "back burner", hoping we will all forget about them...The party who promises to bring our troops home will win MY vote...sadly, nobody has even mentioned that in their spiels...gotta keep George Doubleya happy and on our side you know.. :smth011

melly

Hey scatcat... you mean my picture of my dogs I have under my name? Thanks for the compliment...but..ummm...it doesn't move or change...not to my knowledge anyway!! When I read your reply I sat here staring at it.. :shock:    thinking that maybe I had done something really clever and made it move or change somehow...I am not very computer literate you see..  but nope,no movement there!! Like the way your mind works though..*laughing*...  :!:

japanesebaby

elections....  :evil:

i'm annoyed because of a scary situation building up here in finland. the story:

it's well known that the salaries on certain fields of work have been really dragging behind here for years. most notably the salaries of certain fields that crave quite a lot of education, which are mostly covered by women and where people face a lot of responsibility. most notably, nurses have ridiculous salary here, compared to many other european countries. also, teachers (that include me - oh well...).
and before the last election, one of the major parties (some right wing idiots if you ask me...) basically gave a promise that if people only vote them, they will correct this salary distortion and bring the salaries on some of these fields up to the level that is comparable with other EU countries. and hearing this (and believing this) of course people then went and voted for them... and this party won the election...  very nice. but: that's when they instantly decided to forgot about their promise. today they are not only saying "oh sorry, we can't do this after all, we made a promise too big, sorry" but they are simply publicly denying that they ever even promised anything. which is totally ridiculous because there's even pre-election TV footage where they very clearly are making this promise. there's footage where their frontman clearly answers "yes we will" when he is asked about this... and the footage has been shown on tv many times - and still they just insist "no no, we never said this, we never promised anything like this, you are mistaken" - that's SO ridiculous! just how stupid do those idiots consider everyone to be?? :roll:

anyway, the awful thing now is that the health care sector REALLY got seriosuly pissed about this betrayal. a few weeks ago the nurses association declared that they will not only go on strike but will simply resort to mass resignations (starting from next monday, 19th on) if the government decides not to meet the promises they made. the list of nurses who have signed the mass resignation is massive, it's thousands of nurses around the country. so this is a really serious situation that will put a lot of lives in risk as the hospitals will have not enough staff. as safety measures, they have already started to move some really terminally ill people over to hospitals in other countries, like sweden. but of course they cannot do this to everyone in need. many people who crave for constant intensive care are going to be in a grave danger. all intensive care, children's clinics and childbirth care is going to be in horrible trouble. it is not only possible but actually pretty likely that some people will lose their lives because of this, because they cannot get some vital treatment/care anymore.
and why all this? because some idiotic politicians blurped something just so that they would get elected into office. and after they got what they wanted, they forgot everyone. that's just SO totally irresponsible. :smth011

it is a very difficult situation to have an opinion of and to take sides. on the other hand, most of the population publicly sympathizes with the nurses and say that they have the right to fight their cause. they were betrayed and they have the right to ask for what was promised. but then again, is it worth the lives of some innocent and helpless people who will now suffer from this? of course not. so it's a really bad situation.

it also makes you think how it's actually not so very long ago that the parliament decided to.... oh yes, they decided to raise THEY OWN salaries. wow. great work, a great thankyou to the people who voted for them. and the frontman of that right wing party, who gave the promse on tv: oh, after the election was stated as the secretary of the treasure by the way - so i bet he has a nice salary for himself now. he has nothing to worry about - so why should he care about some ordinary people?
what hypocrites.

so don't ask me what i think of politicians at the moment.  :evil:

http://www.yle.fi/news/id74811.html
http://www.yle.fi/news/id74943.html
http://www.yle.fi/news/id75004.html
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

scatcat

Quote from: melly on November 16, 2007, 01:42:57
Hey scatcat... you mean my picture of my dogs I have under my name? Thanks for the compliment...but..ummm...it doesn't move or change...not to my knowledge anyway!! When I read your reply I sat here staring at it.. :shock:    thinking that maybe I had done something really clever and made it move or change somehow...I am not very computer literate you see..  but nope,no movement there!! Like the way your mind works though..*laughing*...  :!:

hey Melly.. I hope you don't think I am demented.. but I maybe got confused with other avatars that have dogs!!??   :smth017  You are right.. from here, it is not changing.. I just assumed it did. I love your puppy !! lol  :smth039
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

scatcat

recently we have had, just before the elections were called, a nurses strike over wages. They got what they asked for.  :smth023

next week we have a teachers' strike for higher wages, since Victorian teachers are paid less than interstate teachers. I believe that we should pay teachers more.. after all, they educate our children, not the goddamn polititians!  :!:

and.. japanesebaby.. we too have our parliamentary raises, superannuation, retirement funds, etc, constantly rising! Not to mention the corporate CEO's taking a huge chunk of salaries and shareholders money in their retirement!!  :smth011
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life