What made you annoyed today?

Started by Aarna, July 01, 2007, 19:59:54

Previous topic - Next topic

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: dsanchez on May 23, 2009, 19:24:48
Quote from: japanesebaby on May 23, 2009, 17:02:20
Quote from: dsanchez on May 23, 2009, 16:24:19
looks like a lost my wallet with some important documents there :?
too bad for that, it sucks.  :?

the worst is that my resident permit is there :?

and I was thinking to go to Bruxelles for the concert and visit some friends in Belgium.

Usually there are no controls in most european borders, but if they do (and sometimes they do), I will be really fucked up :?

I don't know if I should risk or not :(

when you're not drunk or going to Switzerland (  :? ) i don't think they'll control you, but there's still some risk left....
i really hope you get your things back. i don't know french bureaucracy, but it would probably take forever to get a new copy, right ???
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

japanesebaby

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on May 23, 2009, 21:45:56
Quote from: dsanchez on May 23, 2009, 19:24:48
Quote from: japanesebaby on May 23, 2009, 17:02:20
Quote from: dsanchez on May 23, 2009, 16:24:19
looks like a lost my wallet with some important documents there :?
too bad for that, it sucks.  :?

the worst is that my resident permit is there :?

and I was thinking to go to Bruxelles for the concert and visit some friends in Belgium.

Usually there are no controls in most european borders, but if they do (and sometimes they do), I will be really fucked up :?

I don't know if I should risk or not :(

when you're not drunk or going to Switzerland (  :? ) i don't think they'll control you, but there's still some risk left....
i really hope you get your things back. i don't know french bureaucracy, but it would probably take forever to get a new copy, right ???

travel by land and the risk should be minimal. if i were you i'd avoid airports. but of course it's not a good situation to be/travel without those documents because you are not an EU citizen.

french bureaucracy - haha sorry to laugh but i know it's practically awful for anyone who's not french by birth. being an EU citizen doesn't seem to help either, ironically. i remember hearing about one guy (a friend of a friend of mine) who tried to rent an apartment from paris. it turned out to be simply almost impossible, thanks to all the massive bureaucracy over there.
even though we're all supposed to be in EU. :?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 24, 2009, 01:51:57
travel by land and the risk should be minimal. if i were you i'd avoid airports. but of course it's not a good situation to be/travel without those documents because you are not an EU citizen.

french bureaucracy - haha sorry to laugh but i know it's practically awful for anyone who's not french by birth. being an EU citizen doesn't seem to help either, ironically. i remember hearing about one guy (a friend of a friend of mine) who tried to rent an apartment from paris. it turned out to be simply almost impossible, thanks to all the massive bureaucracy over there.
even though we're all supposed to be in EU. :?

yes, I am thinking about all this situation. what a dumb I am, how can I lose my documents?!!!! :smth011

the good thing is that a friend of mine may be able to buy my train tickets (around 100 euro), so I wouldn't lose that money.

but i was so much looking forward to Belgium that this situation makes me sick. Hopefully I should have the new document in 3 or 4 weeks so I will be able to make it for the Den Haag meeting (and I can stop by Belgium before). Anyway, I will wait for monday to see what they tell me at the "Prefecture" here.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on May 24, 2009, 05:25:34
yes, I am thinking about all this situation. what a dumb I am, how can I lose my documents?!!!! :smth011

the good thing is that a friend of mine may be able to buy my train tickets (around 100 euro), so I wouldn't lose that money.

but i was so much looking forward to Belgium that this situation makes me sick. Hopefully I should have the new document in 3 or 4 weeks so I will be able to make it for the Den Haag meeting (and I can stop by Belgium before). Anyway, I will wait for monday to see what they tell me at the "Prefecture" here.

I was hoping to meet you soon, but it's goanne be at another time ?  :roll:
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

dsanchez

Quote from: Trust... on May 24, 2009, 10:52:34

I will take a decision by tuesday or wednesday. Tomorrow I will go to the "prefecture" to ask for a new document. I know it will take long, but they may be able to give me a papper meanwhile. We will see.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on May 24, 2009, 13:56:43
Quote from: Trust... on May 24, 2009, 10:52:34

I will take a decision by tuesday or wednesday. Tomorrow I will go to the "prefecture" to ask for a new document. I know it will take long, but they may be able to give me a papper meanwhile. We will see.

Good luck!

japanesebaby

it looks like work related crap just keep coming my way: today i was told i won't have any hours this june, although i should have had had three full weeks. well, i'll have longer holidays - but that's hardly a bonus because this time zero hours also means zero salary.
this is really starting to seriously piss me off. :x and also starting to make me pretty worried to be honest.  :?

:(

Trust...

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 26, 2009, 23:27:21
it looks like work related crap just keep coming my way: today i was told i won't have any hours this june, although i should have had had three full weeks. well, i'll have longer holidays - but that's hardly a bonus because this time zero hours also means zero salary.
this is really starting to seriously piss me off. :x and also starting to make me pretty worried to be honest.  :?

:(

Oh JB, that's sucks!
But maybe you have to see it like it should be like this and there's always something else coming up.
Even if it doesn't look like that for the moment. Take care and good luck to you.

dsanchez

Quote from: Trust... on May 27, 2009, 08:22:10
Oh JB, that's sucks!
But maybe you have to see it like it should be like this and there's always something else coming up.
Even if it doesn't look like that for the moment. Take care and good luck to you.

things happen for a reason, and i hope these reasons mean that you will have much more luck in the near future. fingers crossed!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

let's hope so. but since you said "thing happen for a reason":
i could never believe in any such fatalism, that anything happens for a reason. things just happen and there's no balanced ratio between good things and bad things. things just happen in the world and it doesn't make any more sense than that. i'd actually hate to think that it made any more sense than that, that there was "a reason" for things to happen. that is an idea of the world that i actually dislike a lot. the only way how the world makes any sense to me is when it's a place where nothing does make any sense. the idea of the world where everything happens "because of something" makes me frightened. the idea of the world where things cannot be controlled, they just happen and that's all, that makes me relaxed.
even when i'm really pissed about something that just happened, like right now.

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 27, 2009, 14:31:01
i could never believe in any such fatalism, that anything happens for a reason. things just happen and there's no balanced ratio between good things and bad things. things just happen in the world and it doesn't make any more sense than that. i'd actually hate to think that it made any more sense than that, that there was "a reason" for things to happen. that is an idea of the world that i actually dislike a lot. the only way how the world makes any sense to me is when it's a place where nothing does make any sense. the idea of the world where everything happens "because of something" makes me frightened. the idea of the world where things cannot be controlled, they just happen and that's all, that makes me relaxed.
even when i'm really pissed about something that just happened, like right now.

I'm so sorry to hear about the problems with your job jb!!!! i don't believe in fate or anything like that either... for me the only rule in this world is that everything is as chaotic as it gets. actually i would feel like a puppet in some bad play if everything is already planned. i love to believe in my chance to change something myself without anybody interfering.

for you i really hope that everything works out and that you find a way to get yourself out of this 'situation'!!!! just remember that if you have a lot of ideas of what could be worse than everything is fine...
Makes me wish i was you

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 27, 2009, 14:31:01
i could never believe in any such fatalism, that anything happens for a reason.

i just said it cause in my experience it was always like this, and hopefully it was always for something better. hope it will be your case, too.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

fiction

We were having a great day outdoor at school today with all our eight graders at a training camp outside of town. There were instructors there to guide our students through some climbing adventures. Suddenly one of the instructors told me that one of my pupils had been caught red handed trying to steal one of the other instructors 1500 euro bicycle and a telephone. Sort of ruined the day for me.
again and again and again and again and again and...

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: fiction on June 08, 2009, 19:18:12
We were having a great day outdoor at school today with all our eight graders at a training camp outside of town. There were instructors there to guide our students through some climbing adventures. Suddenly one of the instructors told me that one of my pupils had been caught red handed trying to steal one of the other instructors 1500 euro bicycle and a telephone. Sort of ruined the day for me.

ahhh that sucks... we had a girl from my class trying to steal in a shop when we were on a class trip pretty far away from home... police and everything  :?
Makes me wish i was you

japanesebaby