New 30th Anniversary Calendar

Started by Fabien G, December 09, 2008, 02:33:57

Previous topic - Next topic

Fabien G

presale on the official site! poor artwork unfortunately, just the albums covers. Wasn't there something a bit festive to be done?

japanesebaby

Quote from: Fabien G on December 09, 2008, 02:33:57
Wasn't there something a bit festive to be done?
that's true. looks like someone took a bit easy way to go with the design.
why not use the opportunity and put together something a bit more fancy, especially since it's "limited edition".
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

alt.end

Quote from: japanesebaby on December 09, 2008, 11:30:19
Quote from: Fabien G on December 09, 2008, 02:33:57
Wasn't there something a bit festive to be done?
that's true. looks like someone took a bit easy way to go with the design.
why not use the opportunity and put together something a bit more fancy, especially since it's "limited edition".

the cure never cared about this aspect of being a ' music star'. you're f*cking responsible for releasing a quality material, like radiohead for god's sake. it's shame.

fiction

Quote from: alt.end on January 03, 2009, 22:31:11
the cure never cared about this aspect of being a ' music star'. you're f*cking responsible for releasing a quality material, like radiohead for god's sake. it's shame.

I´m not really sure of what You getting at here. "The Cure never cared about this aspect of being a music star" Whaddayamean? Do You mean to say that the side effects of being a music star never ment shit to The Cure and that they don´t give a flying f**k about products produced with their name on it? If so who is then to blaime for lack of responsibility? The band or the productionline? Or are You just kidding around and being just a tiny bit ironical?

And what´s the shame? This, that the calendar is lacking of quality, or something that Radiohead has done? Explain to me, please, the logic that underlines Your statement.
again and again and again and again and again and...

alt.end

Quote from: fiction on January 04, 2009, 00:40:19
Quote from: alt.end on January 03, 2009, 22:31:11

I´m not really sure of what You getting at here. "The Cure never cared about this aspect of being a music star" Whaddayamean? Do You mean to say that the side effects of being a music star never ment shit to The Cure and that they don´t give a flying f**k about products produced with their name on it? If so who is then to blaime for lack of responsibility? The band or the productionline? Or are You just kidding around and being just a tiny bit ironical?

And what´s the shame? This, that the calendar is lacking of quality, or something that Radiohead has done? Explain to me, please, the logic that underlines Your statement.

i wasn't being sarcastic, i meant it. i don't know who is to blame, band, management, label, dunno. :(
i just picked radiohead as an example - you cannot deny they care a great deal about any aspect of their 'portfolio'.

fiction

Quote from: alt.end on January 04, 2009, 23:52:32
i wasn't being sarcastic, i meant it. i don't know who is to blame, band, management, label, dunno. :(
i just picked radiohead as an example - you cannot deny they care a great deal about any aspect of their 'portfolio'.

I wouldn´t know about Radiohead. Mr Yorke has got a great voice and that´s it as far as I am concerned.
again and again and again and again and again and...

alt.end

Quote from: fiction on January 05, 2009, 00:10:59

I wouldn´t know about Radiohead. Mr Yorke has got a great voice and that´s it as far as I am concerned.

well, i guess we've got different taste mate.

alt.end

Quote from: alt.end on January 05, 2009, 22:44:05
Quote from: fiction on January 05, 2009, 00:10:59

well, i guess we've got different taste mate. Radiohead are my favourite band, but The Cure are close to them... ;)