Started by Sussex, November 06, 2007, 09:32:12

Previous topic - Next topic

Sussex

"Thick As Shit"

Sussex

"Thick As Shit"

CureCrusader

That's awesome!! Is that photoshopped or something? :-D :-D :-D
Who am I? Who are you? Is this world what we percieve it to be? Do we even exist?

Sussex

Quote from: CureCrusader on November 06, 2007, 09:50:08
That's awesome!! Is that photoshopped or something? :-D :-D :-D

Yeah..What a great technic !
"Thick As Shit"

japanesebaby

no but some of these are actually fun to take for real, without any photoshopping etc.: just go out there with a camera and find some targets! all you need is imagination! and that's the fun of it, i think. because you can sit home and photoshop anything and everything in every imaginable way but where's the novelty in that anymore? instead, going out and taking such a photograph for real is where the technic is!

i used to have fun making these kind of "perspective illusions" with my older brother at some point, when we were kids and got hold of my mom's old little pocket camera. we did all kinds of perspective illusions like this, just trying to see what we could have a laugh out of. i really can't remember if we had seen somehting like that somewhere and mimicked it, or if we came up with the idea ourselves. anyway that was so far before internet or photoshop or anything (it happened in the early 80s kids) that i actually doubt it that we had seen anything to mimick.
i also remember how we had taken a complete roll of film of all kinds of photos like that and then how we had to wait until the film got processed... it was exciting to wait and see (it's so easy today with digital cameras, you instantly see what you got there).

sadly, i think i have no copies of the photos we took anymore (maybe somewhere in my dad's house...?).
i can remember some of it though. for instance there was one photo of a baby pushchair on the driveway and if you looked a bit more  closely you could see me standing on one of the wheels of the pushchair and leaning my hand to the pushchair's side - and in that perspective it looked like i was something like less than 15 centimeters (5-6 inches) tall!  :-D i still remember people looking at that and going like "what??!!" haha  :-D

i had completely forgotten about it all until i just saw these. now i'm a bit sad i don't have those pics anymore. :/
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

LuvURobert

Those were great, Sussex!  Also just reminded me of an old show I used to watch (Kids in the Hall) and they would close one eye and pretend they were pinching someone's head between their fingers...then would actually show camera shot and perspective.  Pretty funny stuff!   :-D
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

silversand

This is so funny!!!  :smth081  I love this kind of pictures!!
Thanks for posting them Sussex  :)