Mixed Up & Torn Down

Started by Ulrich, March 07, 2018, 16:44:58

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: nodisco on May 07, 2018, 13:57:10
Trust me, the 'Mixed up' remixes are much better than these new ones

Sorry for mistrusting you, but I have heard "Mixed Up" (years ago, someone taped it for me...) and I do own "Close to me" (1990 remix) cd single (although I don't really know why!). Most of them were pretty "useless" for my ears...  :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

nodisco

Quote from: Ulrich on May 07, 2018, 14:15:13
Quote from: nodisco on May 07, 2018, 13:57:10
Trust me, the 'Mixed up' remixes are much better than these new ones

Sorry for mistrusting you, but I have heard "Mixed Up" (years ago, someone taped it for me...) and I do own "Close to me" (1990 remix) cd single (although I don't really know why!). Most of them were pretty "useless" for my ears...  :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
LOL!  :lol: I agree with you, the only remix I don't totally dislike is the one of 'Caterpillar'... but this "Torn down" in my humble opinion is even worst...  :sweat:

Fabien G

I really like Mixed Up! ^^
Can't wait to hear the ones from Torn Down (although as they are made by RS@home i'm a bit afraid)

Ulrich

As mentioned before, I thought Want (time mix) was pretty good considering it's a remix! (Of course, I still prefer the album version of Want over anything else.)

Quote from: Fabien G on May 07, 2018, 17:12:05
as they are made by RS@home i'm a bit afraid

I'm surprised no-one has commented (yet) how badly the remastering was done, how RS was deaf etc.  :D

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Quote from: Ulrich on May 07, 2018, 17:34:08
As mentioned before, I thought Want (time mix) was pretty good considering it's a remix! (Of course, I still prefer the album version of Want over anything else.)

Quote from: Fabien G on May 07, 2018, 17:12:05
as they are made by RS@home i'm a bit afraid

I'm surprised no-one has commented (yet) how badly the remastering was done, how RS was deaf etc.  :D

LOL  :)

Ulrich

http://craigjparker.blogspot.com/2018/06/mixed-up-deluxe-pushed-back-week.html
The release of the Deluxe Edition of 'Mixed Up' has been pushed back a week to June 22nd.

chemicaloverload

Quote from: Ulrich on June 07, 2018, 11:10:01
http://craigjparker.blogspot.com/2018/06/mixed-up-deluxe-pushed-back-week.html
The release of the Deluxe Edition of 'Mixed Up' has been pushed back a week to June 22nd.

I saw this on Amazon Ulrich, however, since we are used to waiting for things, water off a ducks back ;)
Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

Fabien G

Did you see on COF?

Prayers For Rain' (2018 Mark Saunders Remix)
From @drbeeching:
"So, whilst giving CD3 a spin & thinking it a pity Mark Saunders wasn't asked to contribute, I stumbled across:
Prayers for Rain (Mark Saunders 2018 mix)."

As usual the two remixes (prayers for rain and pictures of you which he did several years ago) are ace! They have to be made available for download!!!

dsanchez

QuoteTo celebrate the release of the Deluxe Edition of The Cure's 'Mixed Up' featuring original remixes from 1990 and brand new mixes we've 'mixed up' the artwork. Can you fix it? Simply click on the square you want to move.

https://umusic.digital/yyooue/
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo